"100 things to go first" list - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "100 things to go first" list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3617 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 2519

Just make sure you have a check valve installed in the collection line!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7674 Times on 4217 Posts
Likes Given: 7384

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
locutus, why not an LP generator, and a 1000 gal tank? No worries about fuel storage, and that'd provide MUCH more than 3 weeks running time....
I don't really see more than one chance in a million that any "event" will last more than 3 weeks.

If it does, the country will get taken over by the U.N., so it won't make any difference.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”[IMG] Admiral Bull Halsey

Stop the population explosion. Make war, not love :D

Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #83

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think an important item to have are MK2 kits in case of exposure to

Old 05-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #84

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Meant to say good to have anticholinergic kits in case of exposure to organophosphate chrmicals or poisoning

Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I don't really see more than one chance in a million that any "event" will last more than 3 weeks.

If it does, the country will get taken over by the U.N., so it won't make any difference.
The one problem I see with the UN taking over the U.S.A is this, they take months to make any kind of decision.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #86

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:

"One in 100 will ever fire a gun in..." this. "One chance in a million..." that.

locutus, I don't get the "Borg-are-coming, the Borg-are-coming" ride you're taking here and on at least one other thread. Even your flashbacks to the League of Nations wouldn't suggest this. What gives? You missing Woodrow Wilson THAT much my friend!?
un-troops-entering-peoria.jpg   obama-borg.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If this country falls, the U.N,, especially the European contingent will move quickly to prevent the Russians and/or Chinese from stepping into the power vacuum and taking over.

The rest of the world is not going to sit idly and watch the Russians/Chinese gain control of the natural resources and industrial might of this nation.

WW3 is possible, but more likely is a shared hegemony under the U.N.

If anyone wants to save this country, stop worrying about TEOTWAWKU and start spending your effort and money on preventing SHTF in the first place.

Sure, we prepare for natural disasters, union strikes, etc. But beyond that, don't worry about TEOEWAWKI. Use your time, talent and resources to prevent it.

Stockpiling vast quantities of weapons and ammo for a "war reserve" is an exercise in futility.

That money is better spent getting decent people elected to office to solve current problems and prevent future ones..

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”[IMG] Admiral Bull Halsey

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #88

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
If this country falls, the U.N,, especially the European contingent will move quickly to prevent the Russians and/or Chinese from stepping into the power vacuum and taking over.

The rest of the world is not going to sit idly and watch the Russians/Chinese gain control of the natural resources and industrial might of this nation.

WW3 is possible, but more likely is a shared hegemony under the U.N.

If anyone wants to save this country, stop worrying about TEOTWAWKU and start spending your effort and money on preventing SHTF in the first place.

Sure, we prepare for natural disasters, union strikes, etc. But beyond that, don't worry about TEOEWAWKI. Use your time, talent and resources to prevent it.

Stockpiling vast quantities of weapons and ammo for a "war reserve" is an exercise in futility.

That money is better spent getting decent people elected to office to solve current problems and prevent future ones..
Your straw man that people preparing is pointless and not part of patriotic Americans' effort to keep their liberty is utter Left-wing defeatist appeasement propaganda. Und should vee all become gud Party members? Capitulate? Svear allegiance to the DNC now!? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!?!?

Collaborators should have their heads shaved even if they're grey or white.
we-people-shredded.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-18-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you got any of that from my post, you need to get some help. (and sign up for reading comprehension 101)

Refusing to live in the " video game" fantasy world is hardly capitulating to anyone. You're starting to sound like you spend entirely too much time playing "call of duty."

Last edited by locutus; 05-19-2013 at 03:17 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1949 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 4368

Quote:

That is a good point.

Personally I'm all for prepping and being prepared for just about anything, but I do think too many focus on too many negative things. I think a good life is a productive life. We are meant to create and be productive. A "war reserve" is not very productive. I'm not saying don't have plenty of ammo, but I think most need to keep things in perspective. If SHTF tomorrow you might need guns and ammo, but eventually hand tools will be more useful and that's because you can produce things with hand tools. And the hand tools will still be useful even if S doesn't HTF. Again, they allow you to be productive. A gun can allow you to be productive but only if you hunt. A gun would also be very valuable for defense, but the odds of needing it for that are slim. Focus on being productive and the rest usually takes care of itself. And if you think about the whole reasoning behind needing all that ammo if SHTF is for protection from people that can't produce what they need. In other words people that aren't productive.

Get the guns and all the ammo you can if you can afford it, but only if you can afford it. If you don't have a lot of money then focus more on the things that allow you to be more productive. Generally the more productive you are the less you need to buy and the more money you can make. Money saved and money earned are the same thing and both get you to a better place.

And as Locutus pointed out there are things that many of us could do to help prevent us from needing those guns to begin with.
People Like This