"100 things to go first" list - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "100 things to go first" list

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Locutus and TLuker, have you guys been talking to that Old Wise Chinese Man? Those are deep philosophical thoughts. But pretty good ones, I'll have to admit....

Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #92

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Chinese? Irish. O'Stritch!

None of those arguments make sense -- none of the issues/preparation are mutually exclusive. It's not one thing or the other. You can't be a Tea Partier and prepper? What foolishness. Who else but the most insightful are more likely to be most involved and also most prepared!?

locutus created a false argument to use to criticize civilians practicing their rights under the 2nd Amendment for preparing. On a survival and preparedness forum! Why? There's clearly a thinly veiled agenda there.

Old? Yes. As old as Sol Alinsky. Wise!?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-21-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 697 Times on 360 Posts

Instead of being a preper, how about being self sufficient? What about avoiding GMO's and attempting to grow much of what we eat? How about a wild idea of deciding what is good for me and my family and trying to provide it ourselves rather than relying on the government? I know these are crazy ideas, but if we did this we wouldn't need to prep, we would just live, and pretty well at that!

Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #94

What's the difference? How about just good old-fashioned American self-reliance!? Problem is, the plants here from the Left blame America first. Hate patriots! You are supposed to be a good, passive, sheep whose rights can be trampled on by the dictatorship of the proletariat in the form of low-information voters and an all-powerful central government we are told we must bow to after deceitful elections.

He tried to ignore us, now he's transitioning from ridiculing us to picking fights. Next... we win. And locutus can't seem to abide by that.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-22-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1228 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 2476

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Instead of being a preper, how about being self sufficient? What about avoiding GMO's and attempting to grow much of what we eat? How about a wild idea of deciding what is good for me and my family and trying to provide it ourselves rather than relying on the government? I know these are crazy ideas, but if we did this we wouldn't need to prep, we would just live, and pretty well at that!
That's about where I'm at. I focus more on being somewhat self sufficient, but being self sufficient and prepping aren't exactly the same. There is a lot of overlap and the two go hand in hand, but prepping requires plans for sudden complete lack of supplies. I only mention that last part because I notice that I have to remind myself of that from time to time.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #96

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

guess the Amerinds and Austalian abos just never knew what they were doing, all those centuries, cause they did without ALL this stuff. :-)

Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
guess the Amerinds and Austalian abos just never knew what they were doing, all those centuries, cause they did without ALL this stuff. :-)
But Western man hasn't lived in a prehistoric manner for many thousands of years than the people you cite, so, what's your point, exactly? That survival is so easy a cave-man can do it!?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #98

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

gee, I wonder how the Australian abos and Native americans ever got by without these 100 "must have" items, eh? I can't think of 100 things that I'd need, much less worry about other people buying them before I can. :-) The gear and food are cached already. Anyone who waits until the last minute to "stock up" deserves what will happen to them.

dunno where you've been, but the Abo's, some of them, were still living "stone age" well into the 20th century

Last edited by ttsl; 06-06-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #99
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
gee, I wonder how the Australian abos and Native americans ever got by without these 100 "must have" items, eh? I can't think of 100 things that I'd need, much less worry about other people buying them before I can. :-) The gear and food are cached already. Anyone who waits until the last minute to "stock up" deserves what will happen to them.

dunno where you've been, but the Abo's, some of them, were still living "stone age" well into the 20th century
you could always offer up your expertise and show us how it's done. why not write up an article and show us, rather than attack or insult others here on the forum?

maybe some pictures and proof of how it's done. a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #100

Quote:

And average life expectancy was in the 20's. You past your expiration date yet dude? Certainly past your "best by" date...