100 Items to Disappear First - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

100 Items to Disappear First

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Yeah, that pissed my off when they cancelled it. The only show on tv worth watching anymore and they cancel it. They did bring it back but I haven't seen it since it came back cause I don't have the DVR recorder anymore. Where can I get the boxed set? Or, are they available for rent at movie rental stores? That show really got me thinking about this sort of thing.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
That's a good reason for a governor to declare "shoot on sight" for criminals during disasters....
Yeah...a real Governor...not that idiot Landrieau or whatever her name is in Louisiana. She had the police taking guns away from the decent citizens, then whines when the police or National Guard have to shoot it out with thugs. Oh well, that's a democratic run welfare state for you.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Yeah, that pissed my off when they cancelled it. The only show on tv worth watching anymore and they cancel it. They did bring it back but I haven't seen it since it came back cause I don't have the DVR recorder anymore. Where can I get the boxed set? Or, are they available for rent at movie rental stores? That show really got me thinking about this sort of thing.
they have the first season on netflix.

That show is really good, though i think there would be a lot more ham radio traffic going on, not to mention shortwave radio.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #24

Based upon the recommendations from this board I watched the pilot episode and have decided that the premise is very interesting and seems like a really good show. I liked it quite a bit. The first part of the show (pilot episode) starts a bit slow as it introduces all of the local townspeople, but once the explosion happens, the action and drama kick in.

If you all don't mind commercials it can be viewed here
http://www.fancast.com/tv/Jericho/2405/watch-it/on-fancast
for free. They have the first season and the first 4 episodes of season two posted as I write this.

Last edited by painted_klown; 07-18-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #25

Default Sounds like a great show to learn from

Thanks for giving the address to find this show. watched the pilot episode and I am now hooked on it. If anybody reads this post please visit the website http://www.fancast.com/tv/Jericho/24...-it/on-fancast

It shows how a town of individuals can become one team. I just hope if a scenario like this ever occurs, we as gun enthusiasts or survivalists will band together for the greater good of a town, suburb or whatever community we live in. With power comes responsibility. Use weapons to defend what you have, not to obtain what others may have.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #26

Quote:
That's a good reason for a governor to declare "shoot on sight" for criminals during disasters....
They won't do it - it's too dangerous. They'd much rather confiscate guns from law abiding citizens.

In a real situation, you would need a citizens' vigilance committee made up of many close neighbors to stand up to the "authorities" as they declare martial law. It's probably more important than 90 things on the list. Katrina is a great study on this issue as well.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
They won't do it - it's too dangerous. They'd much rather confiscate guns from law abiding citizens.
Of course, you're right. In times when the government is afraid to act, they should just stand aside and let the unorganized militia take care of business. But since the militia is a threat to them....

Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #28
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Of course, you're right. In times when the government is afraid to act, they should just stand aside and let the unorganized militia take care of business. But since the militia is a threat to them....
A buddy of mine once said "The only groups of people with a rational reason to fear a lawful and armed population are criminals and tyrants."

So, which group does our government fall into?

Old 07-23-2008, 04:22 AM   #29

Default things to do

I printed out the list above, will keep it around and have it available.
I keep track of the areas i travel through, where there is old wells, and sloughs with water in them all the time, don't have to dig far and can find water. I was thinking of this the other day a fellow could stop in different places where frequented and sprinkle garden seeds around in hidden areas and or plant potatoes and just leave. I kind of know where i would be if during normal circumstances a "SHTF" event occours. I haven't been planting anything, but i do know where alot of water is that is accessible with not to much work. We also should have fluid foraging equipment. THANK YOU to everyone for all the info.
sincerely
wrench

<striving to enter at the narrow gate>

Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #30

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Add into the first position on the list, "Your Rights"! Those and your familys right to exist will be what you will endeavor to protect.

Newest Threads