Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 10% will die within 1 month of shtf.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Knowing how she complains when she has all the moden conveniences, I told her I have no problem with that.
lol That is just naughty
Old 06-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum
Unless a meteor landed on my home, I would be reasonably well set for a few weeks if the SHTF. I can feed my family for at least three months; I have guns and ammo, a well for water. etc. However, my wife has instructed me that if the SHTF for an extended period of time, I'm to use my first bullet to shoot HER, as she doesn't want to live like that.

Knowing how she complains when she has all the moden conveniences, I told her I have no problem with that.
The main thing I would freak about (assuming that I had food/water) would be a lack of toilet paper. I would shatter as a human without it. I'll have to take out the neighbors for their TP....
Old 06-02-2013, 02:43 AM   #13

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
The main thing I would freak about (assuming that I had food/water) would be a lack of toilet paper. I would shatter as a human without it. I'll have to take out the neighbors for their TP....
Well, since my wife (you know, to be accurate, we're not really married, but have been going together for about 12 years, so it's just easier to call her my wife) started couponing, we stay fairly well stocked with TP. But it goes fast around my house (I realizing with saying that I am opening myself up to comments about what I must be full of), so, when the Charmin runs out, we have a 3 gallon garden sprayer (the kind you pump up) that we can just hose ourselves down with. This also works for a quick shower. We had to do this for a couple of days when out well pump went out. Not as good as a real shower, but it sure is an improvement over not bathing at all.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:51 AM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

man, that's what all those telephone books and catalogs are for. The toilet aint gonna flush anyway, so why worry about "non-biodegradable".? also, tp's only been around for `100 years or so, how, oh how, did the species ever survive without it? What about just soap, water and washing out the rags?

On a far more serious note, how do you watch 360 degrees, 24-7? how do you prevent somebody just driving up to your place, with RR ties or whatever arranged to stop rifle fire? What will you do about Molotov cocktails or snipers? People are very, very naive about what they can accomplish, defense-wise ( and about how desperate people will be, if shtf! )

What will you do if a large group of unarmed, desperate women and children approach your place, and just CAN'T leave? too weak, etc, to go any further? Gonna shoot them all? what will you do about all the contagious diseases? what will you do if the entire neighborhood, or your prairie/woods burn?

Old 06-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20074 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Well, since my wife (you know, to be accurate, we're not really married, but have been going together for about 12 years, so it's just easier to call her my wife) started couponing, we stay fairly well stocked with TP. But it goes fast around my house (I realizing with saying that I am opening myself up to comments about what I must be full of), so, when the Charmin runs out, we have a 3 gallon garden sprayer (the kind you pump up) that we can just hose ourselves down with. This also works for a quick shower. We had to do this for a couple of days when out well pump went out. Not as good as a real shower, but it sure is an improvement over not bathing at all.
it doesn't matter how many rolls of TP we have in the house, my wife cannot keep from buying a few rolls everytime she goes to the store. and i mean everytime she goes to the store!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:15 AM   #16

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

10%?

Well, how fortunate that we are all likely

to survive, then. It'll be a lot like it never

happened at all . . .

Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 344 Posts

SHTF regularly all over the world and generally speaking people pull together, they don't all go into some instinctual survival kill everyone Mad Max sci fi fantasy land. Are there pockets of violence and an increase in crime, sure, but people as a whole (or even a majority) don't lose their moral fiber and kill their neighbors for a loaf of bread. Inner cities on the other hand...

Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

The urban areas in the northern areas will resemble Stalingrad, with not a tree standing. Anything that burns will be used up in the first winter. Out in the country where some people still know how to can goods and fruit will have a better time of it, except for trying to keep the wanderers off their land. Best to start making plans with your neighbors now and whos going to take first watch.

many of us women will become commodities.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:31 AM   #19

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Homey's been pretty much full of nothing but holier than thou attitude and doom and gloom pulled out da ass predictions with nothing at all to back up his claims.

I suggest not feeding him, or hijacking his threads with talk of ice cream.

I would like to mention, as it was brought up in another thread, I like both Rocky Road, and Pecan Praline.

But just a little while ago, I had Blue Bell Homemade vanilla, with chocolate and caramel syrup drizzled on top. Deeeeeeelish.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
SHTF regularly all over the world and generally speaking people pull together, they don't all go into some instinctual survival kill everyone Mad Max sci fi fantasy land. Are there pockets of violence and an increase in crime, sure, but people as a whole (or even a majority) don't lose their moral fiber and kill their neighbors for a loaf of bread. Inner cities on the other hand...
Two things made me rethink my position, which was the same as yours.

Reading the Bosnian Blog, from the guy who lived there. This was a small country, locked in a civil war, with UN and the Western civilizations helping with food and needed stuff. It was described as literally mad max.

History Channel's After Armageddon was the other eye opener. If the financial system of the US collapses, and think big picture here, what happens? Will you go to work if there is no pay? Think the employees of the power company will continue to work with no pay? How about those that don't stock up any food, but live one fast food meal to another? They will quickly get hungry and desperate. Look no further than the anarchy before and during Katrina. That was one very small region, that still had the support of the rest of the US.