Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > 10% will die within 1 month of shtf.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Default 10% will die within 1 month of shtf.

google for how many people are over the age of 65 and in poor health. How many are utterly dependent upon vehicles, electrical heating or cooling accessories, refrigerated medications, etc.

what you think the starving dog packs will be eating, hmm? Once they realize humans are FOOD, what then, hmm? when 3/4 of the people don't even own a gun, much less an EFFECTIVE gun, much less have any skill, or any sort of the level of determination needed.

10% of 300 million people is 30 million rotting bodies. think MAYBE that's going to be a massive disease vector? how many will stop having sex, when they aint got condoms? how many have stds, ALREADY? millions will suicide, when there's no gas for travel, no electricity, no water in the pipes. They can't handle their worthless lives already. that's why they smoke, drink, do dope, etc.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

10 percent might be on the light side in a real ddhtf moment.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

ttsl, you are just a bundle of cheer today.

Do not know where YOU live, but here folks get along without electricity for several days each year- hurricanes in summer, ice storms in winter.

Percentage of homes without a gun? Very minute. Gun owners are NOT in the minority in the country. Skills? Just about anything from butchering a hog to deliveing babies to planting and harvesting. Would diets change? Oh, my- yes. BTW- my grandparents were subsistence farmers. They raised 15 kids on what they grew.

Cities? Agree that is another matter entirely. Figure the uncontrolled fires would control some of the disease aspects. And for cities, 10% is low by an order of magnitude at least.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #4

yeah, we are in the minority. 70 million gun owners, 300 million people. do the math. shtf is not a temporary thing, dude. when people KNOW the power aint coming back, and SEE there's no gas at the pumps or water in thepipes, it will be much worse than the LA riots, and it will be everywhere, and it won't end for months, until 90-99% are dead.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #5

we have no non-hybrid seed, no trained horses, no trained horse men, no horse drawn implements. the horses will all be EATEN within a month of shtf. there won't be any gardening for at least a year. people will steal all your food, even before it's ripe, and they'll kill you when you try to stop them. Not one person in 1000 is properly prepped, or ever will be. the others will have no choice but to loot or die. they WILL kill you before they watch their kids starve, too. Your neighbors will be the main ones to worry about.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #6

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

How do you arrive at a death statistic without describing exactly what SHTF scenario you are working with? Do you think civil war, bird flue, financial collapse and a full-scale nuclear war would produce the same casualties?

Sounds like a W.A.G. to me.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19458 Times on 11056 Posts
Likes Given: 49065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
How do you arrive at a death statistic without describing exactly what SHTF scenario you are working with? Do you think civil war, bird flue, financial collapse and a full-scale nuclear war would produce the same casualties?

Sounds like a W.A.G. to me.
he's just throwing some random numbers out there. notice there is no link or actuall type of SHTF scenario he's proposing. just as you said, a WAG!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 721 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 155

10% isn't even close

Many in the city live meal to meal and depend on the ATM and charge cards.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #9

Liked 300 Times on 165 Posts

Late at night, when the people all around me are wallowing in worry, the silence will be broken by the sound of my AK as I accumulate canned goods.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #10

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Unless a meteor landed on my home, I would be reasonably well set for a few weeks if the SHTF. I can feed my family for at least three months; I have guns and ammo, a well for water. etc. However, my wife has instructed me that if the SHTF for an extended period of time, I'm to use my first bullet to shoot HER, as she doesn't want to live like that.

Knowing how she complains when she has all the moden conveniences, I told her I have no problem with that.