1 year food kits
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

1 year food kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 1 year food kits

any one know any good ones feel free to post.

name of site,prices,pros,cons

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8882 Times on 5313 Posts
Likes Given: 11878

Here's a link to one of our FTF vendors.

Cope's Distributing

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I suggest you try the product before you buy a lot of it. Pick up one of each meal and try it. If you like it, knock yourself out and buy the 1-year kit. But if you don't really care for it, buying a lot of it may not be smart. When you have to rely on whatever you have stored up, further degrading your morale by eating food you don't enjoy won't be good. If it's just you, you can decide what makes sense. But if you're also going to be feeding a family, think of them and how they'll be.

While food is still relatively cheap, why don't you just store the food you know you like? Boxed and canned food keeps a long time. You can store rice, flour, sugar, salt, spices, etc. in food-grade containers with gamma lids and that way you'll have regular food you know you like.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I agree with BKT, but what you know and like, versus finding somehting that you CAN buy, but have no idea what its really like.

Most people can probably do with buying at a Costco or other bulk-foods retailer. If you want major supplies my suggestion is to ask around to see if anyone that you know works in a restaurant.

Obviously, restaurants buy foods in bulk quantities and usually have wholesale prices because of the quantities they buy. If you know someone in a restaurant, ask them to ask their boss to put an "extra" bag of rice on their weekly order, and when it comes in, have them pay the boss in cash and then your friend takes the bag home to you.

I'm not sure how laws are where you live, but restaurants are not licenced to distribute food like a retailer, only to prepare and serve it patrons. So there is the chance that the restaurant manager won't do it, but if your friend has worked there awhile, they usually let it slide once or twice.

I work in a restaurant, and my boss knows me, so if I ask to put some extra on the order, and pay in cahs, they usually don't have an issue. The bags of rice are about 50lbs each I guess. I'd have to check, but they're big, wholesale priced, and they come delievered to my work!

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 03-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I agree with BKT, buy what you know...

On looking at it, the bags are 80 pounds.

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association