Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Zebra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Sacré bleu Fait accompli

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 181 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom
Still don`t know why you would want to shoot a horse, are you french ?
+1. First time in 32 years i heard about this.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16822 Times on 9747 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

Durango is right, there is very little public land in Texas to hunt on. any exotic game hunting is done on private game ranches, some are guided and some are self guided. the prices can be very expensive and most who do it are willing to spend the money to get an exotic game animal.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

There are no wild running loose exotics you can just run around hunting in texas. They are all privately owned pay to hunt type things.

Most folks get the wrong idea about such things these arent critters that are tied up in a small pen. Most are on ranches of 1000-10000 or more acres in size running loose but fenced in a very very very big area that your not just going to walk up to.

Horse is better than beef. Its about the only thing the french get right when it comes to cooking. Zebra is probably pretty good.

As for hunting a zebra... i would rather ride one than shoot it. I would think it is just as some have, shooting a horse or cow and calling it hunting. I do have a big problem with hunting critters just to kill one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
There are no wild running loose exotics you can just run around hunting in texas. They are all privately owned pay to hunt type things.

Most folks get the wrong idea about such things these arent critters that are tied up in a small pen. Most are on ranches of 1000-10000 or more acres in size running loose but fenced in a very very very big area that your not just going to walk up to.

Horse is better than beef. Its about the only thing the french get right when it comes to cooking. Zebra is probably pretty good.

As for hunting a zebra... i would rather ride one than shoot it. I would think it is just as some have, shooting a horse or cow and calling it hunting. I do have a big problem with hunting critters just to kill one.
I don't think I'd ever pay to something like that, but with that said I would like to try it and see how it tastes.

What do you mean hunting just to kill one? Do you mean people going and shooting an animal just to say they shot one? Or shooting an animal as a trophy and having it mounted?

Old 07-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16822 Times on 9747 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra View Post
I don't think I'd ever pay to something like that, but with that said I would like to try it and see how it tastes.

What do you mean hunting just to kill one? Do you mean people going and shooting an animal just to say they shot one? Or shooting an animal as a trophy and having it mounted?
they have exotic game ranches that will charge you a fee to hunt for and exotic game animal of your choice and then you hunt it and then the harvest the horns or mount for you to have it done at a taxidermist, then they take the meat and give it to needy families, ophanages, homeless shelters, battered and abused womens shelters and other places like this. the meat isn't wasted, it does go to some needy causes. some hunters like the hunt and then want to donate the meat to worthy causes.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:47 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

they have exotic game ranches that will charge you a fee to hunt for and exotic game animal of your choice and then you hunt it and then the harvest the horns or mount for you to have it done at a taxidermist, then they take the meat and give it to needy families, ophanages, homeless shelters, battered and abused womens shelters and other places like this. the meat isn't wasted, it does go to some needy causes. some hunters like the hunt and then want to donate the meat to worthy causes.
That's pretty nice of the hunters. I guess if you have the money it is a nice cause, but you'd have to have the money. Did a little research and it seems the average price of a zebra is $4,000.

Not for me. Way to much money for a hunt.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thats good news , I am coming back

Newest Threads