your state DNR
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > your state DNR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 04:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default your state DNR

How does everyone feel about your State DNR? are they FAIR to HUNTERS.I live in Wisconsin and I am no fan of this dnr! I think the deer gun season is to SHORT I dont bow hunt or use a muzzleloader’s I also like to hunt for small game the bag limet on squirrels and rabbits is 5! what are we going to run out of them?,next is this unfair lottery to kill a blk bear you have to wait I talked to a few guys here and they booths waited 6 and 8 years to take a bear even the dnr in Wis. says it has a healthy pop.of blk.bears so why not sell a limited # of permits over the counter like deer tags? there not worried about running out of deer soon.its seems like tax anceny for the state with the rise of permits its seem like every few years and you get bad service! and they LIE about what animals are in Wis to.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2011, 04:32 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9362 Times on 4037 Posts
Likes Given: 1472

Pretty decent folks. We do have a patchwork of legal firearms/ seasons/ bag limits by county, but the geography and ecology of VA changes dramatically as you move from Tidewater thru Piedmont to Mountains. The Perch Police and Deer Deputies in my county are pretty laid back folks- they do their jobs, but are not jerks unless you want them to be.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I think the deer gun season is to SHORT I dont bow hunt or use a muzzleloader’s
I look forward to the day when I can return to the state known as The Sportsman's Paradise, where I can:

hunt with modern firearm for 2.5 months

archery hunt with a crossbow, regardless of age of physical ability

use a single-breach loading cartridge originating pre-1900, e.g. .444 Marlin, .45-70 Gov't, to hunt during the primitive firearms season.

Plus I already have my lifetime license for LA.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I look forward to the day when I can return to the state known as The Sportsman's Paradise, where I can:

hunt with modern firearm for 2.5 months

archery hunt with a crossbow, regardless of age of physical ability

use a single-breach loading cartridge originating pre-1900, e.g. .444 Marlin, .45-70 Gov't, to hunt during the primitive firearms season.

Plus I already have my lifetime license for LA.
I hear ya bud! Wisconsin dnr are to TIGHTFISTED with the wildlife here,if it wasent for my job I would move in a heart beat to NARLINS!! that why I could take HOG,gator,deer ,bear

Old 08-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

We just got rid of that idiot democrat governor. The big shake up in the wis dnr is still going on. Its only been a few months.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
We just got rid of that idiot democrat governor. The big shake up in the wis dnr is still going on. Its only been a few months.
I hope Scott Walker gut em and GET RID OF THE DEAD WOOD!! to make them what their sposed to be FRIENDLY TO HUNTERS!!

Old 08-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5916 Times on 3088 Posts
Likes Given: 415

I wouldnt expect big deer hunt changes because the liberal dnr policies decimated the deer population of wis as in loosening of restrictions right off. The earn a buck idiocy really destroyed the doe herds.

Im just hoping that we get the dnr on track with better policies get the deer herds back to where they should be then make regulation changes

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would like to see bear tags that I could buy over the counter just like deer tags.I dont see that as a way to end the blk.bear population in this State the last email I sent to the DNR they said that there is a HEALTHY BEAR POPULATION in this STate.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I would like to see bear tags that I could buy over the counter just like deer tags.I dont see that as a way to end the blk.bear population in this State the last email I sent to the DNR they said that there is a HEALTHY BEAR POPULATION in this STate.
I wish they gave them away with every box of centerfire rifle ammo.

The wildlife people in MS are pretty even-handed, though i have heard the river counties are not as friendly due to the duck-hunting regulations.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #10

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

The Michigan DNR are some tough sob's,they wear the badge and let you darn well know they are full commissioned law enforcement officers,but--they can be forgiving in alot of areas,many of them operate in the spirit of the law,not by the book,they would give you a warning if you set your bow or gun in your car to put your gear on rather than arrest you as they could.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves