Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Wyoming Antelope Hunt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Any Wyoming residents out there who can tell me about a good bit of public land for an antelope hunt this fall? I live in Northern Colorado and have applied for a pronghorn tag for 8 years and not drawn one. The Wyoming Fish and Game web site shows a non-res antelope doe tag can be had over the counter for $34, well worth the short trip up I-25 across the border. I was looking at Thunder Basin National Grassland, about a half million acres of what looks like prime habitat, but I could sure use some input from someone in the know. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #2

I'm not a Wyo. resident nor have hunted there.
However I make the drive to Colo. from Utah quite often (I was born in Loveland), and I see antelope quite often from I-80 from Evanston all the way to Laramie. I know that there is alot of BLM land in that area , and would think one could do well just about anywhere in that area.
Good hunting if you get your tag.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 04-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #3

Did you know the prong horn antelope like in Wyoming is the 2nd fastest land animal on earth, It can reach speeds of 55 to 60 mph, 2nd only to the cheetah

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHERE'S MY GODDAMN THOMPSON"
By Lester Gillis AKA George Baby Face Nelson