Winchester XM3 Sabot Slugs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Winchester XM3 Sabot Slugs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester XM3 Sabot Slugs

Has anyone ever used these? Picked up a box to try out just haven't been able to find very much info on them. Looking at using them this deer season.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM   #2

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have been using 300 grain XP3 winchester slugs. They are as good as advertised fired from my Mossberg with a rifled barrel. A friend has been using the dual bond with great success. We have yet to have a contest but one Sunday it will happen. We both have take 3 deer each with our shotguns so far. He is one up on me with a decent 7 point. Mine have all been does. The upside is all my does have been about 100 lb super tender size. His buck was over 160 lb and quite musky.

The XP3 is a rifle bullet packed into a shotgun shell. They are dead on! The dual bond is a more traditional slug.

Midway had both in stock last time I checked. There is a $5 rebate on all winchester bonded ammo.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-30-2012 at 12:23 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #3

I picked up a box at my local Farm and Fleet for 11 bucks on sale this last weekend. They had quite a few boxes in stock which worried me alittle since they didn't have alot of others in stock. Might have to swing in and buy a few more boxes before they are gone. What do you shoot 2 3/4 or 3 inch?

Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have been shooting 3".

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #5

That's what I picked up. Hoping my shotgun likes them hahaha