Why Do You Hunt? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Why Do You Hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well I am not a gun hunter strictly bow but I have a couple reasons. Meat, sport, clearing my head and cause the greatest feeling/rush is sitting in the dead quite woods and hearing those foot steps! It cant be beat

Old 03-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #42

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

This may surprise everyone, but I hunt because I belong to PETA.....(People Eating Tasty Animals.)

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 AM   #43

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I love animals; They taste good!

Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #44

I have been hunting since I was about 13. I have hunted hogs, deer, but mostly upland birds. Dove hunting in California's Imperial Valley is fantastic and Sept. 1st can't come soon enough for us here in Southern California. Hog hunting for us used to be allowed on Catalina Island, where I went the first time. Now we go to Northern Cal and hunt on privately owned orchards where the hogs come feed on apples, pears, etc., and generally piss off the farmer. The farmer is glad to get rid of the pests. It's pricey though. The first time on Catalina it was $165.00 per hunter and that included dressing the hog. This was back in 1976. Now, the price is about $400.00 per person. Getting a hog is usually guaranteed though.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRifles, Inc. View Post
I hunt to see critters blow up in the most graphic way possible.

That is all.

I have 3 wishes, PLEASE Read!!!

#1 I hope your received that additude in the mid-east. And I do understand your thoughts at this time if you are there!

#2 I hope it (the additude) stay's over there and not brought back here into the USA!!!!

#3 I hope you seek help in dealling with your issues of anger?

Old 03-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #46

My dad was the one who got me into it, got me shooting bb guns and .22's when i was like 6. got my first shotgun at 8 a Savage single shot 12 ga, but was a bit too much for me, so next gun i got was a Winchester Model 120 youth 20 ga. Went deer hunting for the first time at age 11, got my first deer at 13 a 10 point buck that field dressed at 235 lbs. Havent missed a deer season in 20 years. Meat is part of it, the other part us hanging with my dad and uncle for two weekends drinking beer, eating chili and farting. Then theres the outdoor aspect of it, its fun just sitting there listening to the rustle of the leaves, the birds and seeing all the other little critters running around. Getting the deer is only a small part of it, if i get a deer it just makes that weekend better.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #47

My Father and his brothers were all hunters, and they took spechal care to teach me all they could.
All my spare time is somehow related to hunting. My wife and I eat all the meat. ( except cyotes and jack rabbits ) When the seasons are over I grab the camera and hunt with that. Its all about learning.
Some things you see in the wilds are so speciel that you will only share them between you and God.
PS And don't forget to thank the man in the high country for allowing you to be there.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #48

Its a good way to get away from my problems. Not to mention the end result is yummy.

S.S.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #49

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I hunt because I love the concentration I get from it. I remember the exact sight picture from when I got my first mallard this year. I think it's the best feeling to feel that calm when you've got something in your sights. My dad was an amazing shot with a shotgun and has hunted duck since he was 13. I want to continue the family tradition, and maybe best my old man one of these days. Though I seriously doubt that will happen

Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #50

i guess my older brother started me hunting . we used to stalk pheasents near our home in the suburbs . then an older nieghbor took me deer hunting with him and ive been hunting ever since . i was to young to carry a gun but learned alot observing them . oddly enough i ended up buying my hunting cabin in the same area and hunt the same tract of state land today . i enjoy hunting mostly to get in the woods and reflect . the hunting camp comradery (sp?) is also enjoyable .years under the belt ,40 . wow i guess im getting pretty old .......