Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Why do people hunt coyotes? can you eat them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I am an avid coyote hunter as my name should tell you.

I live in an agricultural area and am involved in the raising of cattle, and to protect the herd, I have and will kill any yote that comes within range of my rifle.

My neighbors and I have also had dozens of cats and dogs torn up and killed.One neighbor sitting on his deck, inside a fenced yard lost a lapdog to a yote that came over the fence, grabbed the dog and was gone before my neighbor could get out of his chair.This kind of behavior leaves little room for compassion when you have one in your crosshairs.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #42

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

If you don't want to coyote hunt then don't coyote hunt, but it is exactly this sort of thing, some guy saying "I like to hunt deer and pigs but I think everyone who hunts bear, varmints, and small game is an a$$hole" is the very thing groups like PETA and the Humane Society feed off of, they separate the hunters into little groups and go after them one at a time with the help of other hunters with opinions much like yours. I don't care what anyone hunts or with what sort of weapon be it gun, bow, spear, I don't care. There are some forms of hunting I choose not to participate in but I would never go on a open forum and tell other hunters they are a$$holes for participating in a perfectly legal hunt of their choice for whatever reason they chose, if shooting coyotes makes a guy happy, by all means shoot them. I can tell you right now there are not enough hunters in this country to harm the coyote population, probably not even enough hunters to keep it under control.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #43
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdq View Post
Im sorry guys I live in a city and I didnt know this stuff happens but know I know im truley sorry you must do what you have too but if you live in a city and go out just to kill coyote thats not even in your area than your an *******! I live in a city and the only reason I hunt is for meat you cant by at the store so again sorry country folks
Second warning. Quit the name calling.
People Like This 
Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #44

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 67

ok lets open up a new bag of worms.i see many posters here are from il. and have read that kane co is opening some of there forrest preservs to bow hunts for deer to thin the population better to have them harvested than go to cronic wasting or road kill. but to the point i was going to make back in the 70s a 600 acre dary farm we were traning bird dogs at in woodstock was over run with cats thay were not staying in the barns thay were out hunting our native pheasent and released quail so we had a cat hunt 2 of us set up in the hayloft of a barn and with a 22wmr and 22 250 took out over 60 cats in 4 hrs . crows ate good(thats another story) and i took a taxadermey class to get that arts credit out of the way. to many of anything in one place is not good

Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #45

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Feral cats are an absolute menace in the city, they spread disease same as rats. I talked to a cop in AZ once who told me another town he worked in a few years prior hired a hunter to kill any un-collared cat he saw in a certain park. The guy set out traps and sniped cats with a lever action .22 which was silenced. Anyway the cop told the city paid the dude 10k and he worked the park for a month.

I don't remember where the cop saidthis took place. We were talking about ways to "hunt" for a living. I believe he also told me that in NV they were paying 300 bucks a head for dead mountain lions, this was 20 years ago.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

whoa im posting just to follow up on this thread. I don't hunt yotes but If I saw one while out hunting or scouting I would shoot it.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
I look at my dog and wonder how can somone hunt an animal from the k9 family?? I get a little angry and think coyote hunters are *******s domesticated or not dogs are very loyal. mans best friend they never argue never complain and are incredibly smart they can detect bombs , drugs guide blind people relive stress they are very usefull animals theyre not stupid like a hog or useless like a deer all they are good for is eating but it gets me angry when I hear a coyote squeling exactly like a dog in the forest after its been shot as of now I think coyote hunters are *******s why do they do it? Maybe I wouldnt feel so angry if I knew why people hunt them and I was more educated on the subject. are they used for meat? Are they worth money? Or are coyote hunters just plain a holes? Lol please tell me why and please dont be rude
My grandparents have had at least one dog die because coyotes attacked it. They had another that we think may have gotten rabies from coyotes, and one more that has gone missing (we think coyotes may have caused that too). If I see one of the ****ers, I will blow it's brains out. They are not dogs, they are pests, and they are dangerous.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #48

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

The other thing to mention, while you, I, and others love our pet dogs, if they were without us they would turn into wild, savage dogs fairly quickly. It is no different with coyotes.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #49

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Would the OP feel the same way about, say, a child molester or a rapist that had not committed such crimes in your own state?

So I could do horrible things elsewhere and come live at your house?

Somehow I don't think that would be okay.

And oh yes, I would definitely travel to another strange land to hunt both a coyote, or a criminal, should the mood strike and the motive be strong enough.

Just sayin'....

JD

Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #50

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
I look at my dog and wonder how can somone hunt an animal from the k9 family?? I get a little angry and think coyote hunters are *******s domesticated or not dogs are very loyal. mans best friend they never argue never complain and are incredibly smart they can detect bombs , drugs guide blind people relive stress they are very usefull animals theyre not stupid like a hog or useless like a deer all they are good for is eating but it gets me angry when I hear a coyote squeling exactly like a dog in the forest after its been shot as of now I think coyote hunters are *******s why do they do it? Maybe I wouldnt feel so angry if I knew why people hunt them and I was more educated on the subject. are they used for meat? Are they worth money? Or are coyote hunters just plain a holes? Lol please tell me why and please dont be rude
Quote:
Im sorry guys I live in a city and I didnt know this stuff happens but know I know im truley sorry you must do what you have too but if you live in a city and go out just to kill coyote thats not even in your area than your an *******! I live in a city and the only reason I hunt is for meat you cant by at the store so again sorry country folks
Methinks Hdq has waaaay too much time on his hands, can't process information correctly, or is just out to do a bit of trolling.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation