Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Why do people hunt coyotes? can you eat them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
Hdq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater
@hdq. so are coyote hunters still ****. *****?????
Okay okay no I do not think coyotes hunters are *******s thanks for the info guys now I understand a bit more if they are invading your area on your land by all means do what you have too. I would do the same if they where killing my livestock but I live in a city so we rarley see coyote its only an ******* that would go out to actually looke for one to kill one when they dont need too beacause they live in a city but how about wolves ehh?? Id feel worse shooting a wolf than a coyote.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #22

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdq View Post
Okay okay no I do not think coyotes hunters are *******s thanks for the info guys now I understand a bit more if they are invading your area on your land by all means do what you have too. I would do the same if they where killing my livestock but I live in a city so we rarley see coyote its only an ******* that would go out to actually looke for one to kill one when they dont need too beacause they live in a city but how about wolves ehh?? Id feel worse shooting a wolf than a coyote.
Why do people in the city need guns? They have no place to shoot and have to pay for range fees. You only need a cell phone to call for help if needed. All the food can be bought at a store. So why do city folk need guns?

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1973 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 2937

Quote:
Because they are an invasive predator that destroys wildlife native to an area (areas where coyotes are NOT native) and will totally destroy a bird population. They are aggressive, will destroy your livestock.
Bingo!!
Coyotes in this part of OK kill over one third of fawns and most of the young turkeys. They also get alot of newborn calves.

i will shoot a coyote 100 percent of the time: If a 140 class buck and a coyote come into range at the same time the coyote will get killed.

A few months ago we had a coyote killing cats and dogs in this community. The sob made a mistake and marked my old hunting truck sitting in the driveway.

i put several pounds of freezer burned venison in the truck bed along with three leghold traps. There was a ruckus and i went and killed that coyote with a crossbow. My fuzzy critter loving neighbors had a fit until i told the dumb butts it was the coyote that got their Cocker: Then they understood.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8053

Quote:
I look at my dog and wonder how can somone hunt an animal from the k9 family?? I get a little angry and think coyote hunters are *******s domesticated or not dogs are very loyal. mans best friend they never argue never complain and are incredibly smart they can detect bombs , drugs guide blind people relive stress they are very usefull animals theyre not stupid like a hog or useless like a deer all they are good for is eating but it gets me angry when I hear a coyote squeling exactly like a dog in the forest after its been shot as of now I think coyote hunters are *******s why do they do it? Maybe I wouldnt feel so angry if I knew why people hunt them and I was more educated on the subject. are they used for meat? Are they worth money? Or are coyote hunters just plain a holes? Lol please tell me why and please dont be rude
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
So you call coyote hunters names but you don't want anyone to be rude to you.
Good point that I completely missed. Hdg, we don't take kindly to name calling here. You don't have to agree with what others do here but if what they are doing is legal then sometimes you just have to accept it. A lively debate is always welcome here on FTF but name calling and personal attacks are not.

Quote:
I live in Illinois and I hear of coyotes living in the city of Chicago. They live in the parks, the cemeteries and the forest preserves right in the very heart of the city. I guarantee you those 'city coyotes' are often eating people's pets along with rabbits, squirrels, etc. And it would seem to me, though I am not positive of this, the city coyotes would have less to hunt than the country coyotes and the city coyotes are digging through trash cans and causing more chaos than their country cousins.
c3shooter Likes This 
Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #25

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

People need guns in the city, becuase other humans are more dangerous than any wild animal. If humans were deadly, the police wouldnt carry side arms. You may think the police are there to protect you, but when you consider the average crime takes less than 2 minutes to complete, and in any city response time is over 5 minutes, if you dont protect your self, you are dead. Also guns help promote liberty. Many people dont realise this becuase governemnt funded schools are crap, but the first battle in the american revolution was fought over gun control. The battle at lexington and concord was a bunch of farmers defending themselves from gun confiscation.

When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

All responsible people should own and know how to properly use a firearm. There is a reason why Switzerland hasnt been invaded since 1400 and why they have the lowest crime rate of any industrialised country.

Last edited by triggerjob; 09-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #26

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Like many city folk, you seem to only be able to see things from your sheltered urban point of view. Coyotes are a problem around here, and I am 35 min from Chicago. You see we have these "forest preserves" that sit right in the middle of the suburbs and butt up to peoples back yards. These things will, and have, come into peoples yards and killed pets, what if one got a hold of a small child? Maybe next time you might want to try understanding things from another point of view before you call a group of people names.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #27

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
So let me get this straight, I am an a$$hole if I go off the property I own in search of game to kill because that game is not doing anything to bother me or my livestock? So all the people who travel north out of the cities for deer season around here are asshats because those animals aren't on their property? I hunt because I like to hunt, it gives me enjoyment an challenge to go out in the woods and try to kill an animal whether it be a deer, rabbit, squirrel, turkey, coyote, coon, bear, wolf whatever, I don't need to do this as many of these animals aren't doing me any harm and I can afford to go to the local grocery and buy food, but I still hunt because I enjoy it and I enjoy eating wild game. As far as wolves go I'd far rather shoot a wolf than a coyote, I will add a couple picks to show you why, do some research and you will find this a common occurrence in wolf country.
wolf1.jpg   wolf2.jpg  

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 09-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #28

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I wonder if the 30 people murdered in Chicago over the last 2 days had "cell phones"?

Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #29

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjob View Post
I wonder if the 30 people murdered in Chicago over the last 2 days had "cell phones"?
If I may, I don't believe tri70's comment about city people not needing guns was his actual opinion, I believe he was simply saying that as a way to show the op that his point of view is some what flawed.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #30

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

We have a lot of coyotes here in south Texas my parents live out on a farm and coyotes always come through and kill there live stock and family pets we shoot em every chance we get stayed up all night ambushed a pack that was terrorizing them good times

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"