Why do hunters hunt? Besides food. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Why do hunters hunt? Besides food.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #21

I think we are predators by nature. That is part of it. Like others have said, I like to be out in nature and just relax. The older I get, the less interest I have in actual hunting, and I have been a hunter since I was around 11 years old and am now 61. The physical demands are fairly great and most hunting to me seems like more of a young man's game. What hunting I do now is composed of just walking a little ways into the woods and sittling down. If a hapless unfortunate deer or hog happens to come by, I will shoot it. If I don't see anything, at least I have had a peaceful and relaxing day. I do much more shooting than hunting as I love to reload and shoot for accuracy with several of my rifles. I go to the range at least once a week and sometimes twice.
cottontop

Old 08-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1897 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 2132

Default All about the kill.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Yeah I enjoy every single part of the hunt and I likely use more of the kill then the rest of the guys on here. Your point?
Maybe I missed something in the original post.......I like to hunt for the kill, or I hunt for the food........I'll put this in a new perspective. We have a person that kills humans during hunting season and eats the kill........Hence he likes to hunt, he loves the thrill of killing and his kill is not wasted.....So is he an animal.....Aghhhh if only the hunted could shoot back.......Dejavu......The point is, I don't take pleasure in killing because it gets me high........I hope that no one will target your family because he enjoys killing.........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Coming from a nutria eradicator. Your comments don't mean much. How much of those nutria did you use? Were they tasty ? Do they make nice hats? What kind of jewelry did you make with their bones? Is your garden growing better from their entrails? Let's change perspective...I hope nobody desides you're a nuisance and kills you and leaves you to rot.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #24

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default I am a Hunter

It is my way to decompress all the work hours,putting up with dumb-assed -self obsessed materialistic people ,everday noise ,phones,deadlines and performance evaluations.....when I take my hunting vacation it's just me ,some very modest gear ,weapon and insight into the haunts and habits of the particular quarry im hunting , reading sign ,using woodsmanship and opening my hearts eye to nature ,God ,and the few truly pure things left in my life. To ''Hunt ''is inprinted into every human beings DNA,to some it's on the surface ,to others it in the recesses....the real ''Truth''is to bring it out in a way thats pleasing to God ,respectful to the animal ,lawful to men ,honorable to oneself. If one can do this there is no need to explain ,or appologize to any man ,any organization,any lesser -god for being a ''Hunter''

Last edited by powg; 08-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #25
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well put ...

Old 08-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1897 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 2132

Default Rotting kill.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Coming from a nutria eradicator. Your comments don't mean much. How much of those nutria did you use? Were they tasty ? Do they make nice hats? What kind of jewelry did you make with their bones? Is your garden growing better from their entrails? Let's change perspective...I hope nobody desides you're a nuisance and kills you and leaves you to rot.
Like the man said, even the worms gotta eat........Nutria weren't meant for south La. And the pythons of south America and Africa were not meant for Florida........all the nutria i shot were recycled.... Read the POST......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #27

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Nutria actually are quite tasty.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #28
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Recycled into an ecosystem where they don't belong? That makes sense.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #29
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Nutria actually are quite tasty.
So I've heard and if I were down there I would be eating the ones I killed and using their hides etc. as opposed to feeding the worms and suggesting I detest killing while I do it.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #30
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

A man i have great respect for (long since departed) once said to me about hunting and i have taken up the mantra as it fits....

"Lad, i have had a lot of sex, i have killed a lot of deer. I can remember EVERY deer i killed. Cant say that about the women."

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This