Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Who's ready for hunting season? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/whos-ready-hunting-season-70931/)

WestForkArmory 08-23-2012 04:30 AM

Who's ready for hunting season?

So what's everyone's plans for this Fall's upcoming seasons? Anyone going on a hunt out of the unusual, out of state, etc... I know I'm looking forward to deer hunting in Tennessee this year, it's worth the drive from Texas.

tri70 08-23-2012 10:47 AM

I would like to get to South Dakota for pheasants and prairie dogs even if I could get a weekend in Oklahoma for some prairie dogs would be fun! I love to hunt deer and coyotes here in Arkansas. I have been to Texas for some hog hunting, we have a few around here. Are in an area with a lot of hogs?

Rick1967 08-23-2012 12:38 PM

My son and I both have cow elk tags for second season in Colorado. We are planning on going to 421 up behind Vega Resevior. I have a small game license. But I havent gone hunting yet this year. I work too much.

ineverFTF 08-23-2012 02:10 PM

Got my rifle sighted in. Goin a couple hours north of atlanta for some whitetale. Got a nice spike last year hopin to build on that this year :)

303tom 08-23-2012 02:14 PM

Always ready for hunting season..............

WestForkArmory 08-23-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303tom (Post 913123)
Always ready for hunting season..............

I wish I was always ready for hunting season. We're just so busy now we barely even have time to setup our guided night vision hunts for hogs right now. Come deer season, I will make some time.

HotFudge 08-23-2012 11:44 PM

Squirrel season opens in like 2 weeks. Need to re-sight my damn pellet gun and get some more hollowpoints.

kycol 08-24-2012 12:43 AM

I have an uncle that is about as close as a living Daniel Boone as you can get. It is like he was born and raised in the woods. He has probably killed more squirrels with a sling shot than most have with a rifle or shotgun. Last few years his age has really caught up with him and he can hardly walk, breaks my heart.

Gatoragn 08-24-2012 12:49 AM

Can't Wait

for October 20. First day of pheasant season in SD.

Maybe I'll get a chance to goose hunt this year.

76Highboy 08-24-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WestForkArmory (Post 912856)
So what's everyone's plans for this Fall's upcoming seasons? Anyone going on a hunt out of the unusual, out of state, etc... I know I'm looking forward to deer hunting in Tennessee this year, it's worth the drive from Texas.

This is a worthy thread IMO. However I am having an operation about a week before hunting season and I will have a definite weight restriction. So I think that calls for some cotton tail hunting, some late fall fishing, and then I am hoping that I can take my 44 mag revolver out in December and drop me a buck on a short range hunt. That is what I am hoping.

I am in hopes there will be some good hunting pics posted this year.