Where would you go? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Where would you go?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 5,133
Liked 764 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 812

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If you are working on the bucket list and accepting the fact that you are worm food in the making, why not take a few bears with you?


If i find out i am terminally ill and don't have long, those western game wardens better get ready to chase me and to dig bear-sized graves aplenty. Heck, just thinking about it makes me consider taking up smoking again.
I love it!! Now for CT. You can book a trip to S. Africa and hunt plains game, 5 species total for 1250.00 these days. That includes lodging, a guide, and meals. 1 of each species. 7 nights, 5 days of hunting. You can bring 2 rifles.
Flight is about 2000.00 per person, 3500.00 for 2.


__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
cottontop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ShagNasty1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,526
Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh

I love it!! Now for CT. You can book a trip to S. Africa and hunt plains game, 5 species total for 1250.00 these days. That includes lodging, a guide, and meals. 1 of each species. 7 nights, 5 days of hunting. You can bring 2 rifles.
Flight is about 2000.00 per person, 3500.00 for 2.
Where do you go to book this??? My birthday is coming up soon


__________________
ShagNasty1001 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tri70's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Siloam Springs,Arkansas
Posts: 1,324
Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Default

I forgot about pirate hunting, amend bucket list for Africa too!

__________________

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

tri70 is offline  
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Moose are just big lawn ornaments and wolves can be hunted anytime no permits. I kill an elk for meat just below the house. Tarzan was always attacking hunters in Africa that would be a PIA.

moose.jpg   wyoming-wolf.jpg  
__________________
nitestalker is offline  
tri70 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The best place in the world,TEXAS by God
Posts: 1,126
Liked 540 Times on 326 Posts

Default

It's not so much as where I would go but what would I do . I would do a grand slam turkey hunt and then take a big game hunt in North America.

__________________

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

SSGSF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
Kai
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 41
Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Africa...but all over, the plains, mountains, etc. Not to hunt, I've no desire to shoot anything I'm not going to eat. Not a trophy specific hunter. But the chance to spend some time on that continent would be awesome.

__________________
Kai is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default bear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If you are working on the bucket list and accepting the fact that you are worm food in the making, why not take a few bears with you?


If i find out i am terminally ill and don't have long, those western game wardens better get ready to chase me and to dig bear-sized graves aplenty. Heck, just thinking about it makes me consider taking up smoking again.

I am not terminally ill, just getting old. I guess I am terminal but not ill. Maybe ill tempered but not ill. Anyway, I just have no desire to shoot a bear. I guess I have enough gun. My 8x57 or my 9.3x57 would do it. I just have more desire to hunt deer and antelope kinds of game.
CT
__________________
 
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5736 Times on 3361 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I am not terminally ill, just getting old. I guess I am terminal but not ill. Maybe ill tempered but not ill. Anyway, I just have no desire to shoot a bear. I guess I have enough gun. My 8x57 or my 9.3x57 would do it. I just have more desire to hunt deer and antelope kinds of game.
CT
I think you should spend some time around some bears and see if you can build up a strong desire to hunt them. Maybe wear some meaty cologne?
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 206
Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
I was always told a wise man knows his limitations!!

For me at this time in my life I wana ELK hunt
I was on a cow elk hunt Saturday here in Utah. Saw no cows but managed to find some bulls. Had 3 monstrous 6 or 7 point bulls trot by at about 50 yards. I'm talking 360-390 bulls. There really is no more majestic animal out here in the west then rocky mt elk.
__________________
Kdub is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hiwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleator,AZ
Posts: 3,421
Liked 770 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 241

Default

Come down here and hunt Javelina. Or illegals.



__________________

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

hiwall is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes