What Was Your First Deer Rifle - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > What Was Your First Deer Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I went to college in '65-'69, then 3 years in the Army. In that time, my 03-A3 disappeared , as did my model 97 Winchester 12 Guage. My dad was in the habit of swapping stuff for other stuff, so unless it was nailed down or out of his reach, BEWARE !
FEG Collection
SKS Fan

Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2215 Times on 1313 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
I went to college in '65-'69, then 3 years in the Army. In that time, my 03-A3 disappeared , as did my model 97 Winchester 12 Guage. My dad was in the habit of swapping stuff for other stuff, so unless it was nailed down or out of his reach, BEWARE !
I guess we have several thing in common. I know one of the friends of one of my three younger brothers took my 03-A3 and my Browning Auto 5. They knew if I found out who did it they would have hell to pay so no one ever let it slip. To this day I don't know who got them.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #143

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

I guess we have several thing in common. I know one of the friends of one of my three younger brothers took my 03-A3 and my Browning Auto 5. They knew if I found out who did it they would have hell to pay so no one ever let it slip. To this day I don't know who got them.
Sounds to me that I would take one at least from each of my brothers and see how that feels. Maybe then one of them may come forward with the answer, but please remember to forgive them, life is too short. There still with the good Lord willing more time for each of you fun range time and hunt'en / fish'en !

Old 08-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAL View Post
Sounds to me that I would take one at least from each of my brothers and see how that feels. Maybe then one of them may come forward with the answer, but please remember to forgive them, life is too short. There still with the good Lord willing more time for each of you fun range time and hunt'en / fish'en !
I don't think my brothers knew who did it or they would taken care of it themselves!!!
Amen to that. I have a range in my backyard, fishin just down the road, and huntin year around out my backdoor.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #145

Liked 47 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

I don't think my brothers knew who did it or they would taken care of it themselves!!!
Amen to that. I have a range in my backyard, fishin just down the road, and huntin year around out my backdoor.
Way to go!!!!! You are blessed to have everything right there at your finger tips. I am happy for you. I pray more blessing upon you and your family.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAL View Post
Way to go!!!!! You are blessed to have everything right there at your finger tips. I am happy for you. I pray more blessing upon you and your family.
Thank you. And the same to you. Now if I could find a woman that was as loving and loyal as my cat I would truly be blessed!!!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #147

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I
It's always a regret selling firearms,i've only sold one,a shotgun when I was 17 years old and at 49 ,I still regret selling that gun.
you havnt sold a gun you bought in 32 years? Wow have you bought alot ? I imagine your collection must be fairly sizable???

Old 08-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #148

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post
I started with a sporterized Remington surplus 1903/A3 , purchased for $29.95 from the back page of Shotgun News in 1961. Dad and I each picked up a rifle, ordered rough stocks from Herters and worked on them all winter. I installed a .270 barrel on mine, Dad's stayed an '06. We blued them in his tool repair shop, and ended up with some great memories and a couple decent shooters.
Wow!! 29.95 what a great price for 1903/A3!!

Sounds like a very fun project with a lot of great memories,my Dad bought a lot of stuff from Herters in 60s.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:15 PM   #149

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
you havnt sold a gun you bought in 32 years? Wow have you bought alot ? I imagine your collection must be fairly sizable???
I just can't sell one after I purchase one??
I think it goes all the way back when I sold my Remington 1100 20 ga.?? It was my first semi auto shotgun that was a gift when I was 9 years old,I sold that shotgun for tires on my ride? Since then i've never sold a firearm.

I have a few firearms,but never enough lol
Gh0zt36 Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #150

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Wow!! 29.95 what a great price for 1903/A3!!

Sounds like a very fun project with a lot of great memories,my Dad bought a lot of stuff from Herters in 60s.

Thanks for sharing.
Im jealous. My old man HATES guns. When I got my CCP " I was looking for trouble " I tried to get him to go shooting to no avail