What Your Deer Rifle Says About You - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > What Your Deer Rifle Says About You

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default What about a Sako ?

What's you interpretation of this ? Be polite !!

photopro

Co-owner: Hunter World UK

Old 12-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2737 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I read something recently that claimed an informal survey found that if you drive a Ford pick up, you are more likely to have a Remington deer rifle. If you drive a Chevy pick up, you are more likely to have a Winchester deer rifle.

I wonder if there is a correlation between Dodge ownership and Savage or Ruger? Toyota and Sako? Nissan and Howa? Honda and Weatherby?

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Last edited by robocop10mm; 12-04-2009 at 01:32 PM.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photopro View Post
What's you interpretation of this ? Be polite !!

photopro
Your a dam lucky bastard to be able to hunt with suppressors.

It amazes me that you can buy a suppressor easier in the UK than in the USA.

Thanks to Liberalwood movies Suppressors are only used by criminals and thugs.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I read something recently that claimed an informal survey found that if you drive a Ford pick up, you are more likely to have a Reminton deer rifle. If you drive a Chevy pick up, you are more likely to have a Winchester deer rifle.

I wonder if there is a correlation between Dodge ownership and Savage or Ruger? Toyota and Sako? Nissan and Howa? Honda and Weatherby?
There might be a lil truth to that, my daddy drives a ford and he owns a remington model 700, one of my uncle drives a dodge and he carries a ruger, got another uncle drives a honda ridline and he carries a weatherby 257, and i am a chevy man and i got a winchester model 70. lol, not even kidding, so you are close to something there

Old 12-04-2009, 01:05 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Sound Moderators

Quote:
Your a dam lucky bastard to be able to hunt with suppressors.

It amazes me that you can buy a suppressor easier in the UK than in the USA.
It isn't easy buying a sound moderator here in the UK as they treated as firearms. We have to prove it is required, scaring game and shooter hearing are justifiable reasons, then the permission to buy is added to our permit but only for the gun you specified.
Strangely if a sound mod is bought for a low powered air rifle (not on a firearms permit) it can be bought by anyone - even a young kid. Because of this stupid discrepency there is talk that section 1 Firearm moderators will come off "the ticket" in the near future.
I think you lot can thank James Cagney (Angels with dirty faces ?) for giving people the impression that "silencers" made your gun quieter that a gnat's fart and therefore only gangsters used them !!

Old 12-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

suppressors trap the gas coming out of the barrel so it makes them a lot quieter. but it still doesn't make them completely silent. Its a huge advantage either way you look at it.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2737 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 231

It is considered bad manners in European countries (and the UK. I know, the UK is not a part of Europe) to hunt w/o a suppressor. You don't want a bunny hugger a half mile away to have to hear a gun shot. It would remind them that Bambi just died. They would be crushed.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-04-2009, 03:47 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

must be nice, if you get caught with one in the united states there is a good chance they will put you under the jail.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Deer rifle moderator

Quote:
It is considered bad manners in European countries (and the UK. I know, the UK is not a part of Europe) to hunt w/o a suppressor. You don't want a bunny hugger a half mile away to have to hear a gun shot. It would remind them that Bambi just died. They would be crushed.
I'm not sure where that came from Robocop but it's the first I've heard of it. A good friend of mine who qualifies deer hunters uses a muzzle brake and boy is that loud. A fair old percentage just have the rifle as standard.

Although we are an island we are still technically classed as Europe personally I wish the continental drift would get a move on and shove us away from Europe and closer to your continent.

photopro

Old 12-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Gee wiz, Sigmund Freud himself couldn't figure this stuff out. I drive a Toyota truck, pull a trailer with a John Deere Gator on it, hunt with a lever action Marlin, and carry a Sig handgun. What does all that say about me??????????????? I like quality products that do what they are suppose to do? Can it really be that simple?

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.