Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > what if?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default what if?

this question , say you are '' gun'' hunting what ever species of big game you hunt ...i say big game because its caliber specific . while hunting ,you see what your mind processes as a sasquatch ,bigfoot,yeti,skunk ape ...unaware of your presence the creature goes about doing and acting like an animal ....you are close to it with in 50 rds or so ...its 6-8 ft tall you guess its weight 300-500 lbs ....as your mind is racing ,what to do ,fear ,panic ,facination ,curosity ,and a whole range of other emotions converge .....what do you do ? make your presence known ....noise to get a reaction ...could attack or flee? it might kill you.or shoot it ...you could kill it or wound...it could still kill you. if you killed it you would be world famous,science could study it ,and research proves that its a ''real'' human ,and we are human /alien subspecies ... with all the notariaty good/bad ,religious ramifications God or no god ,all aspects of man turned on its head .... what if? would you kill it or let it walk...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8604 Times on 3730 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Let it walk. Got one in '56, meat was tough and greasy.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 12-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #3

i kept one as a pet... game warden didnt approve... had to set it free and sworn to secrecy... with a 1o,ooo dollar fine... said if i told, id be evaporated...

Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default what if

probably the best answers i'll get from the question, both were classic, hats off to your wit ...but its really not that tough if cut into small cubes ,before put in a crock-pot

Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 557

In order for me to shoot an animal it has to be food, hides or pest control. I am not into trophies. I would take pictures if I could and let it walk unless it threatened me. I refused to kill a brown bear sow in Alaska that didnt like the runway lighting on a radar site because I did not have the money to take care of the hide and the meat would have gone to waste. I was the only one with a hunting license. I shot a moose while I was up there and 3 families shared the meat. I did get several cooked dinners out of it. At the time I was up there some of the homesteaders were really in dire straits.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-14-2010, 02:13 AM   #6

I'd befriend it, walk it back to camp, get it drunk and then ask it why the eff do you gotta make so dang much noise while we're hunting, cause it would have just been my little brother!
Never seen a Sasquatch before, but he resembles what I imagine one to look like.
I did see a UFO once though

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Newest Threads