Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > What do you hunt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default What do you hunt?

I'm located in Iowa and we don't have much large game to hunt. Quail and rabbit are about it.

I've heard Minnesota and Winn. hunting is much better. Wild hog and such. Anyone here from around this area? If so what do you hunt?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #2

I live in Oklahoma. We hunt deer, wild hog, dove, elk, pheasant, turkey, water fowl.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:04 AM   #3

Deer, hogs, turkeys & a cow elk all taken in Oklahoma. Took antelope & mule deer in Wyomng on one hunt.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alabama- I hunt Hog, Deer, Dove, Squirrel and rabbit.
I would love to travel to other places to hunt other stuff but that isn't in my budget right now.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984cj View Post
Alabama- I hunt Hog, Deer, Dove, Squirrel and rabbit.
I would love to travel to other places to hunt other stuff but that isn't in my budget right now.
Those whitetails & hogs can be a real challenge with that sense of smell they have. Gotta say I envy you living in such a great whiteail state. When I went to Wyoming and hunted the deer & antelope I camped & hunted on BLM land.

The mulie I killed on the 2nd day I was there but the 1st day I hunted. (Got there just before season opened to set up camp) & the antelope on the 2nd day I hunted. He was shot with a 7MM Rem. Mag. at the extreme close range of 20 yards.

It didn't cost all that much back then for the tags (seems like a $100. each IIRC) & I even converted a boat trailer into a huge "cooler" to keep the meat from spoiling as I continued to hunt and travel back to Okla. BTW the deer & antelope meat stayed cold without any problem.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #6

Avid bird hunter here in south Texas. Dove season just opened up. Went about an hour south into our "special white wing dove zone". Saturday's hunt probably saw 100K - 200K white wing dove. Limited out (12 birds) in about 20 minutes. A few less birds on Sunday (only close to 100K HA!) and again took about 20 minutes to get a limit. It was my first time to bag 12 birds on a single box of shells...so was pretty happy about that.

Anyway, if there is anyone in Texas that hunts dove...go to Castroville, Devine, or anywhere just south of US 90 and have some of the best hunting we've seen in years!

Who are the militia? They consist of the whole people, except for a few public officials.
-George Mason, Framer of the Declaration of Rights, Virginia, 1776 , which became the basis of the U.S. Bill of Rights

Old 09-14-2007, 02:35 PM   #7

here in Oregon it's all about Elk. But we have some excellant Deer,duck,chukar,and varmint hunting also.

forum-elk.jpg  

Old 09-16-2007, 09:20 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default what do I hunt?

I bowhunt for deer,elk,moose,boar,and turkey,and hunt rabbit,coyote,squirrel
and groundhogs.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:43 AM   #9

In LA I hunt rabbit, duck, dove and deer.

In TX I hunt hogs, javelina and rabbits.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default What we hunt in the great white north

I live near Vanderhoof,B.C. Canada which is the geographical center of B.C.
We are lucky enough that there are world class mulies, whitetail, grizz, elk, black bear, wolves, yotes, and moose. My hunting partner and I harvested a small 900lb 2 point bull moose just 10 miles from the house.
Cheers: Eaglesnester