Went to the hunting lease today - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Went to the hunting lease today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly

We just drag them out in the pasture,and shoot the coyote's off them.
I like that idea lol in sc they say the record bucks are shot between 10 am and 2 pm which really surprises me.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #12

Liked 1304 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
I like that idea lol in sc they say the record bucks are shot between 10 am and 2 pm which really surprises me.
I have two bucks mounted, first was killed about 10 am, the second was killed at 9 am. Both were on dates so to speak, the ladies make the fellas do things that get them in trouble.

Deer do learn to pattern people and to feed when you are not around.

Also, how many hunters get bored around 10 or so and start walking, either out of the woods or just pilfering. The hunter that stays on stand is the beneficiary of the human activity.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #13

Liked 1296 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I have two bucks mounted, first was killed about 10 am, the second was killed at 9 am. Both were on dates so to speak, the ladies make the fellas do things that get them in trouble.

Deer do learn to pattern people and to feed when you are not around.

Also, how many hunters get bored around 10 or so and start walking, either out of the woods or just pilfering. The hunter that stays on stand is the beneficiary of the human activity.
That is very true.A lot of hunter's also make their presence known while getting to their hunting area's,and the game will just wait them out or move out of the area.
The deer on the ranch I hunt on are used to seeing vehicles in the fields during the day since it is a working ranch,so that does make a big difference in being able to getting into the hunting areas without alarming the game too much.
North American Hunting Club