Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   USMC ILBE PACK VIDEO REVIEW, great hunting pack (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/usmc-ilbe-pack-video-review-great-hunting-pack-105488/)

wolverine_173 03-26-2014 10:40 AM

USMC ILBE PACK VIDEO REVIEW, great hunting pack

I feel like this pack is a very high value piece of gear so I want to share it with the rest of you. Built for the military so they are very rugged and durable. You just dont have to worry about it. Holds tons of gear, rated for 120lbs. Easy to find for around 60-75 bucks. great for car bag, bob, emergency bag, hunting or camping/hiking. If anyone else has experience with these please share your opinion!

re made the video to better show some features

wolverine_173 04-05-2014 04:11 AM

saw one for auction that ended for 61 bucks including shipping.

and if anyone watches ultimate survival alaska one of the military guys doing the race was using one

JW357 04-05-2014 04:38 AM

Have humped many miles with one of these on my back.

I would never own one as a civilian. Simply because of bad memories.

I suppose they're a good pack though. I wouldn't wanna use them for hunting though. They're pretty big.

What's the appeal to an ILBE over a similar civilian pack? Such as is used for hiking?

wolverine_173 04-05-2014 04:19 PM

just durability. The material of the ilbe is much thicker and less prone to tearing

ShagNasty1001 04-06-2014 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1549934)
Have humped many miles with one of these on my back.

I would never own one as a civilian. Simply because of bad memories.

After learning how to actually pack them when in S.O.I. they weren't nearly as bad as in boot camp. But yeah, I'll never own one just for the fact of having of carried one quite a bit

America doesn't need a Marine Corps, they want one

wolverine_173 04-06-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1550622)

what does that mean?

JW357 04-06-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolverine_173 (Post 1551248)
what does that mean?

It means in the eyes of the politicians, all tasks performed by the Corps can be done by the Army, Navy, or Air Force. Therefore, we aren't needed.

We're wanted. Because we perform those tasks better and more efficiently.

The exception is amphibious assaults and landings. The other branches don't have the capability to do that. The Army does to an extent but its really not their function.

"America doesn't need a Marine Corps, it wants a Marine Corps" is another way of reminding Marines that we are always the first branch on the chopping block, so we have to give them every reason to NEVER want to do away with us.

ShagNasty1001 04-06-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1551255)
It means in the eyes of the politicians, all tasks performed by the Corps can be done by the Army, Navy, or Air Force. Therefore, we aren't needed.

We're wanted. Because we perform those tasks better and more efficiently.

The exception is amphibious assaults and landings. The other branches don't have the capability to do that. The Army does to an extent but its really not their function.

"America doesn't need a Marine Corps, it wants a Marine Corps" is another way of reminding Marines that we are always the first branch on the chopping block, so we have to give them every reason to NEVER want to do away with us.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And I'm still the brainwashed boot..

mich1377usmc 04-06-2014 11:15 PM

Shag-- enjoy the brainwash it will soon turn to jaded, then back to brainwash, something only us jarheads understand.......LOL

jjfuller1 04-06-2014 11:38 PM

I have one, because I did walk many miles with it and am familiar with it. Plan to use mine for weekend hike camping trips.