Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Up-coming season projections

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Up-coming season projections

This looks to be a darn good year for us this year, deer wise. But, we have an elk hunt in Colorado, and opening days for both are the exact same. Of course the elk comes first.
The deer population looks to be better than last year's, though last year we had two damn nice trophies by my standards. They're gone this year though. Also last year we had a small six and a four. I took the four on the second day of the season. Two does last season. And thats it.
This season we have FIVE OR SIX different nice bucks. To me its looks like there is a small six, a tall six, two nice eights, and an even nicer eight. Two does and a little fawn. And also a bunny and some squirrels that hang around. And we have five coons. Heres some pictures.
What are you guys seein this comin year?

7-30-2010-015.jpg

7-30-2010-124.jpg

7-30-2010-208.jpg

7-30-2010-229.jpg

7-30-2010-255.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #2

7-30-2010-456.jpg

The message I entered was too short......

Old 08-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales '94 View Post
This looks to be a darn good year for us this year, deer wise. But, we have an elk hunt in Colorado, and opening days for both are the exact same. Of course the elk comes first.
The deer population looks to be better than last year's, though last year we had two damn nice trophies by my standards. They're gone this year though. Also last year we had a small six and a four. I took the four on the second day of the season. Two does last season. And thats it.
This season we have FIVE OR SIX different nice bucks. To me its looks like there is a small six, a tall six, two nice eights, and an even nicer eight. Two does and a little fawn. And also a bunny and some squirrels that hang around. And we have five coons. Heres some pictures.
What are you guys seein this comin year?
You actually shot a 4 point? Just curious, why?

I have a nice 12 I've been seeing around lately. He is a big boy and way out past his ears. Of course, here in SE Ohio, we only get teeny deer...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #4

Its the only buck that came round. At the first of the season there was the two does and that small six. We never saw this four on the camera, and he was as tall as the six, and we hadnt seen the six in a couple weeks so...... we don't take any does.
Oh, and the two big bucks, the 8 and the 12, came in LATE December. With about a week of the season left.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
You actually shot a 4 point? Just curious, why?
They taste good!

Josey,It looks like you might have a good season this year. I put out a second feeder on my lease a couple weeks ago,and I'll be going back up there this coming friday to do some work on the owners place.So far I have some nice bucks up there and think I should get some different deer coming to the other feeder on the opposite side of the property.

Last edited by Txhillbilly; 08-01-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:35 PM   #6

The young ones are the most tender. Tx, how many acres you have? Where's the lease?