Undertaking an Ultimate Hunting Blind build! - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Undertaking an Ultimate Hunting Blind build!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 03:32 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 236 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Is it the reflection of the sun, or can you see clearer out of the screened window? Quite the shooting rest. Looks like all you need is a loaded AR and about 30 Hogs circling the wagon.

Old 08-10-2014, 03:59 AM   #82
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradam View Post
Is it the reflection of the sun, or can you see clearer out of the screened window? Quite the shooting rest. Looks like all you need is a loaded AR and about 30 Hogs circling the wagon.
The screens do cut down on the glare of the hot Texas sun.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

People Like This 
Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Great project!If you are like me,you enjoy building as much as using a product..I have built many portable blinds for Deer and Duck hunting over the years...Always good to see the sequence of the build,and it looks like you do excellent work and planning...I have hunted all over Texas,and I must say that's one of the best made blinds I have seen. The satisfaction of creating a hunting blind can only be trumped by being able to use it...Congratulations on a fine project.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #84
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeoil View Post
Great project!If you are like me,you enjoy building as much as using a product..I have built many portable blinds for Deer and Duck hunting over the years...Always good to see the sequence of the build,and it looks like you do excellent work and planning...I have hunted all over Texas,and I must say that's one of the best made blinds I have seen. The satisfaction of creating a hunting blind can only be trumped by being able to use it...Congratulations on a fine project.
Thank you very much.
I was taught at a very young age to take pride in your work,and to do it like a professional. It takes a lot longer to do things this way,but the end result is something to be proud of.
Like my father always told me,If it's worth doing - It's worth doing it right!

I've got several ideas brewing on some trailer mounted automatic lifting tower blinds,but I'm still looking for some of the parts that I need for them.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 08-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 157 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I saw a blind made using a scissor jack for the lift (mounted on a trailer)Look around some of the equipment rental co. that are replacing units with more hrs than the insurance co. allows...Good Luck

Old 08-21-2014, 01:20 AM   #86
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeoil View Post
I saw a blind made using a scissor jack for the lift (mounted on a trailer)Look around some of the equipment rental co. that are replacing units with more hrs than the insurance co. allows...Good Luck
Those units weigh a great deal,and unless you own/rent a forklift,they are almost impossible to work with.
My cousin Troy has driven for several different equipment rental companies for over 25 years. I have access to those if I wanted to build a blind out of one.

The one's on my mind are lifted with either electronic actuators or pnuematic cylinders. I'm looking for used cylinders to rebuild since the new ones that I want cost over $1k each,and I need 2 or 4 of them depending on the design I plan on building.
I could go the simple route and just use an electric winch,but there's no challenge in doing that.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #87
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 236 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Those units weigh a great deal,and unless you own/rent a forklift,they are almost impossible to work with.
My cousin Troy has driven for several different equipment rental companies for over 25 years. I have access to those if I wanted to build a blind out of one.

The one's on my mind are lifted with either electronic actuators or pnuematic cylinders. I'm looking for used cylinders to rebuild since the new ones that I want cost over $1k each,and I need 2 or 4 of them depending on the design I plan on building.
I could go the simple route and just use an electric winch,but there's no challenge in doing that.
How about a used scissor lift that you can drive around?
Old 08-25-2014, 02:25 AM   #88

Liked 202 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 280

four wheel drive with a scissor lift bed

"I dont believe in repeat offenders I believe in DEAD offenders!" Ted Nugent.
No Matter Where Ya go There Ya Are

American Plainsmen Society

Society Of Remington Revolver Shooters (SCORRS)

THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT(SHOTS)
NRA
GOA

People Like This