Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Trophy Albino Buck Taken

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default Trophy Albino Buck Taken

Some controversy surrounding this. Nevertheless, a gorgeous creature.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239454/Oh-deer-Outrage-Wisconsin-hunter-legally-kills-rare-WHITE-buck-breaks-towns-truce.html

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 622

i woulda shot him too. white deer generally dont have long life spans. hard to believe that one has such a nice rack

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #3

It's in an area with CWD...so the DNR aren't protecting them. There's a herd of Albinos in that area.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Really big deer for an albino. It sounds to me more like a oooOOOoooo we got neet stuff and you can't take it kind of deal. That or they fear losing the tourist money.

Anyway, it was an out of town hunter so did they even know of this...unspoken rule? Maybe someone should say something. Unspoken rules are just that unspoken, and unknown to outsiders.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5615 Times on 2778 Posts
Likes Given: 5977

mmmm, Albino buck speadies, the other white meat!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5243 Times on 2734 Posts
Likes Given: 330

thats awesome LOLOLOLOL!!! too bad it wasnt an albino wolf

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #7

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

My friend has a nice albino buck behind his house but he refuses to let me shoot it.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 11-30-2012, 05:37 AM   #8

This is scumbag journalism again. I wonder how big this 'controversy' is. I'm sure you could dig up some left wing morons, tell them about the deer I slaughtered and drag up 'controversy'. Notice the headline 'LEGALLY' in all capital letters. Trying to suggest that a defective, genetic mutated deer which is probe to health issues and predators should be left to breed and pollute the gene pool. No mention of that, just a casual mention that albino fawns usually don't make it past the first year... Not to mention that it wasn't even a true albino.
Then the classic scum journalism tactic of sprinkling some more random acts into the story to bolster the unstated but implied opinion that hunters are immoral and irresponsible... That scumbag 'writer' could have just as easily stated 'however, millions of people hunted this year and were fine.'... Nope. Of course not, not when the medias job is to manipulate public opinion and sway people to the left wing commie way.

Am I over reacting?... Look at morals, values, and what is defined as acceptable now, as opposed to 30 years ago. You won't be allowed to hunt in another 30 years, with journalism like this... The same 'journalism' that convinced the 'British Empire' to hand in their guns.

Media is disgusting.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
This is scumbag journalism again. I wonder how big this 'controversy' is. I'm sure you could dig up some left wing morons, tell them about the deer I slaughtered and drag up 'controversy'. Notice the headline 'LEGALLY' in all capital letters. Trying to suggest that a defective, genetic mutated deer which is probe to health issues and predators should be left to breed and pollute the gene pool. No mention of that, just a casual mention that albino fawns usually don't make it past the first year... Not to mention that it wasn't even a true albino.
Then the classic scum journalism tactic of sprinkling some more random acts into the story to bolster the unstated but implied opinion that hunters are immoral and irresponsible... That scumbag 'writer' could have just as easily stated 'however, millions of people hunted this year and were fine.'... Nope. Of course not, not when the medias job is to manipulate public opinion and sway people to the left wing commie way.

Am I over reacting?... Look at morals, values, and what is defined as acceptable now, as opposed to 30 years ago. You won't be allowed to hunt in another 30 years, with journalism like this... The same 'journalism' that convinced the 'British Empire' to hand in their guns.

Media is disgusting.
Good post....it's a daily conditioning. To be fair, if it's the Wisconsin town I saw a documentry on TV about the herd. The town is quite proud of these deer, but not as proud as some may have you believe. This is rural Wisconsin after all...where hunting is part of their culture.

As you said...the journalists are the culprits.

Last edited by Sonic82; 11-30-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Mosin Likes This 
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #10

The story is by daily mail in the UK...like the British have any concept of firearm ownership freedom, I would be willing to wager money that the "journalist" has never shot a gun, and is probably appaled by hunting.