Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Trophy Albino Buck Taken (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/trophy-albino-buck-taken-77314/)

Sonic82 11-28-2012 08:20 PM

Trophy Albino Buck Taken

Some controversy surrounding this. Nevertheless, a gorgeous creature.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2239454/Oh-deer-Outrage-Wisconsin-hunter-legally-kills-rare-WHITE-buck-breaks-towns-truce.html

jjfuller1 11-28-2012 08:37 PM

i woulda shot him too. white deer generally dont have long life spans. hard to believe that one has such a nice rack

Sonic82 11-28-2012 08:40 PM

It's in an area with CWD...so the DNR aren't protecting them. There's a herd of Albinos in that area.

DrumJunkie 11-28-2012 08:48 PM

Really big deer for an albino. It sounds to me more like a oooOOOoooo we got neet stuff and you can't take it kind of deal. That or they fear losing the tourist money.

Anyway, it was an out of town hunter so did they even know of this...unspoken rule? Maybe someone should say something. Unspoken rules are just that unspoken, and unknown to outsiders.

WebleyFosbery38 11-28-2012 08:53 PM

mmmm, Albino buck speadies, the other white meat!

JonM 11-28-2012 08:59 PM

thats awesome LOLOLOLOL!!! too bad it wasnt an albino wolf

Mosin 11-30-2012 05:23 AM

My friend has a nice albino buck behind his house but he refuses to let me shoot it.

Mosin 11-30-2012 05:37 AM

This is scumbag journalism again. I wonder how big this 'controversy' is. I'm sure you could dig up some left wing morons, tell them about the deer I slaughtered and drag up 'controversy'. Notice the headline 'LEGALLY' in all capital letters. Trying to suggest that a defective, genetic mutated deer which is probe to health issues and predators should be left to breed and pollute the gene pool. No mention of that, just a casual mention that albino fawns usually don't make it past the first year... Not to mention that it wasn't even a true albino.
Then the classic scum journalism tactic of sprinkling some more random acts into the story to bolster the unstated but implied opinion that hunters are immoral and irresponsible... That scumbag 'writer' could have just as easily stated 'however, millions of people hunted this year and were fine.'... Nope. Of course not, not when the medias job is to manipulate public opinion and sway people to the left wing commie way.

Am I over reacting?... Look at morals, values, and what is defined as acceptable now, as opposed to 30 years ago. You won't be allowed to hunt in another 30 years, with journalism like this... The same 'journalism' that convinced the 'British Empire' to hand in their guns.

Media is disgusting.

Sonic82 11-30-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1033048)
This is scumbag journalism again. I wonder how big this 'controversy' is. I'm sure you could dig up some left wing morons, tell them about the deer I slaughtered and drag up 'controversy'. Notice the headline 'LEGALLY' in all capital letters. Trying to suggest that a defective, genetic mutated deer which is probe to health issues and predators should be left to breed and pollute the gene pool. No mention of that, just a casual mention that albino fawns usually don't make it past the first year... Not to mention that it wasn't even a true albino.
Then the classic scum journalism tactic of sprinkling some more random acts into the story to bolster the unstated but implied opinion that hunters are immoral and irresponsible... That scumbag 'writer' could have just as easily stated 'however, millions of people hunted this year and were fine.'... Nope. Of course not, not when the medias job is to manipulate public opinion and sway people to the left wing commie way.

Am I over reacting?... Look at morals, values, and what is defined as acceptable now, as opposed to 30 years ago. You won't be allowed to hunt in another 30 years, with journalism like this... The same 'journalism' that convinced the 'British Empire' to hand in their guns.

Media is disgusting.

Good post....it's a daily conditioning. To be fair, if it's the Wisconsin town I saw a documentry on TV about the herd. The town is quite proud of these deer, but not as proud as some may have you believe. This is rural Wisconsin after all...where hunting is part of their culture.

As you said...the journalists are the culprits.

Mosin 11-30-2012 12:58 PM

The story is by daily mail in the UK...like the British have any concept of firearm ownership freedom, I would be willing to wager money that the "journalist" has never shot a gun, and is probably appaled by hunting.