Trigger pull question
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Trigger pull question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Trigger pull question

What's a good trigger pull for a bolt-action hunting rifle? Let's assume both that it's got an AccuTrigger and that it doesn't have an AccuTrigger. If it's overwhelmingly better to have an AccuTrigger then I want to know, though I'd still like input on trigger pull without it.

Safety? (bumping it on accident)
Accuracy?
Any other comments; I wanna know why that trigger pull is the perfect amount.

Thanks everyone

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10406 Times on 4488 Posts
Likes Given: 1653

I have all mine set for 22 pounds. When the deer see me grunting and struggling to pull the trigger with both hands, they are laughing too hard to run.

Seriously, around 2.5-3 pounds. I DO have varmint rifles that are much less, and some set trigger rifles that run about the weight of a butterfly's kiss, BUT- those are used from a bipod or shooting support, more like a benchrest than carrying a rifle in the field. Gloves can make getting a finger into guard without an AD tricky if you have one of those "wish it off" trigger pulls.

That set works for me- YMMV. Light enough to break without disturbing my aim, soild enough to reduce the "WHOOPS!" factor. My best man had a set trigger drilling that, when set, I could not get my finger inside the guard without tripping. That was scary. said thanks, no thanks. Think that rifle could be fired by a sunbeam falling on the trigger.

Last edited by c3shooter; 11-23-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The first stage of the Acutrigger works like another safety. you can have the trigger set for 6 oz and you can bump it drop it and it wont go off.You cant usualy do that with a regular trigger. What was said before of the 2 1/2-3 lbs trigger for hunting is a good weight. I would not go lighter than this for a hunting rifle.
F.K.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #4

Awesome, much appreciated yall