Tree Stand - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Tree Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Steelhead = RAINBOW Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I believe you forgot muskies and walleye. Man I love steelhead fishing!! The North Coast Steelhead Alley is amazing for the hardest fighting freshwater fish ever!
COME ON hardest fighting freshwater fish a steelhead. Why don't you call it by its real name a RAINBOW trout, Enough Said. I can imagine a bunch of Yankees crowded around a bubbling brook catching RAINBOW trout and talking about what a lovely day it has been and the latest flavor of earl grey tea. Saying something is the Hardest fighting FRESHWATER fish is like talking about women's weightlifting. I literally catch bait that fights harder. Set a hook into a tarpon with light tackle and land it and you will immediately grow more chest hair.

This is me in adolescence after landing my first Tarpon.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Like the old saying goes...
"A Picture tells a Thousand Words"...

If a good day of fishing is determined by the "fight", you should take up another hobby...what's a good day of hunting or shooting to you? How black and blue your shoulder gets?

Methinks Sir Isaac Newton here was actually sitting under a coconut tree instead of ye old apple tree when struck in the noggin...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-08-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #23

Those tree stands look nice.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:20 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

And I thought this would be an informative thread on tree stands. I did a thread search too... Anyway, I'm in the market for a climbing stand for bowhunting. I won't need to pack it more than a mile at best. Will be climbing pines. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 03-26-2014, 01:41 PM   #25

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
And I thought this would be an informative thread on tree stands. I did a thread search too... Anyway, I'm in the market for a climbing stand for bowhunting. I won't need to pack it more than a mile at best. Will be climbing pines. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Look into Lonewolf and Summit. Both make a good stand.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #26

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 1099 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Exactly why are we digging up threads from 2009? Stratrider we need a bit more info. There are many different types of tree stands. What type of stand are you looking for? a ladder? a climber?

I can tell you this much, I am virtually deaf. Yet I can hear a climbing stand in use a long ways off. When climbing it sounds like someone is cleaning the bark off fence posts.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Txhillbilly Likes This 
Old 03-27-2014, 04:07 PM   #28

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

John_Deer I does depend on the stands design and how smoothly you climb as to ho much noise you make.
I use to be up a tree an 1hr to 1:30 before legal light. Watched shadows of deer walk by in the dark just minutes after I got settled and tied off.

I have used climbers for 25 years. Still from time to time. Easy way to get into new ground for a hunt. and can sit facing the tree or reverse the seating for facing away. Tig welded one of them up out of aluminum some 25 years ago an have an original old man stand . Killed a lot of deer from them with bow and rifle.
This looks like one I would buy today if looking for a climber. This is a lot like my first one but I had a aluminum v bar for adjustment.
http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 AM   #29

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
Stratrider I have a api outdoors climbing grandslam that I purchased in the 90's,it has worked well for bowhunting as well as firearms season.

http://www.apioutdoors.com/products/acl405-a-grand-slam-extreme-climbing-treestand.html