Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Tree Stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tree Stand

Hey Fellows and the occasional Lady. I just got this tree stand and used it this weekend. Pretty neat little get up and I thought since I enjoyed it and it is american made I would share the sight with you guys. Cougar Claw Tree Stands
I actually went kayak fishing with the owners son this weekend and got to talking to him about hunting ended up trying out this new tree stand. My July 4th was great hunting and fishing holiday. I love leaving for a vacation and coming back with various forms of meat Hope everyone else got to enjoy their Holidays.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Interesting - what kind of meat can you harvest on 4th of July weekend and in what part of the country is hunting season open in July?

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #3

I guess you missed the part about fishing. Two Reds, 4 Speckled Trout, and 1 Large Flounder which provided a total of 16 filets. Four nice filets from the Flounder. Some of the pros of living in the South around the gulf and not upstate New York are that not all meat is red. I was on private land and shot "at" a couple of coyotes. I didn't even shoot from the tree stand I simply took it out of its box and gave it the once over and climbed with it. It seemed solid and like a nice product. I thought since I liked the tree stand I would share some info with the forum. If you would like a complete run down of my entire holiday weekend please befriend me on twitter and follow my hourly updates.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
I love leaving for a vacation and coming back with various forms of meat
Easy there Isaac, I was thinking the same as RL.

Nice to hear you enjoyed the fish.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirIsaacNewton View Post
I guess you missed the part about fishing. Two Reds, 4 Speckled Trout, and 1 Large Flounder which provided a total of 16 filets. Four nice filets from the Flounder. Some of the pros of living in the South around the gulf and not upstate New York are that not all meat is red. I was on private land and shot "at" a couple of coyotes. I didn't even shoot from the tree stand I simply took it out of its box and gave it the once over and climbed with it. It seemed solid and like a nice product. I thought since I liked the tree stand I would share some info with the forum. If you would like a complete run down of my entire holiday weekend please befriend me on twitter and follow my hourly updates.
Don't get so defensive Binky...I didn't "miss the part about fishing", but I DID notice the part about
Quote:
ended up trying out this new tree stand. My July 4th was great hunting and fishing holiday. I love leaving for a vacation and coming back with various forms of meat
Most people who can read would quickly draw the connection between submitting a post about a new tree stand and a statement about what a great HUNTING and fishing holiday you had and how successful you were at acquiring "various forms of meat". This is a firearms forum and there is a section on HUNTING, which is where you posted - there is no FISHING section, there's no section on Twittering, and I don't really give a rat's ass what you did on the holiday weekend or "twittering" your "hourly updates"... as far as "befriending" people, you would do best on this forum to make a better effort next time Oh, BTW, if you were caught "taking a shot" at a coyote in NY in July you would be arrested for hunting out of season. Private land or not.

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Don't get so defensive Binky.
Name isn't Binky.

Quote:
I don't really give a rat's ass what you did on the holiday weekend
Huh, I wonder where I got that idea from? Especially when you previously inquired with the following...

Quote:
Interesting - what kind of meat can you harvest on 4th of July weekend and in what part of the country is hunting season open in July?
Hunting doesn't infer killing. I actually personally believe that making the kill is my least favorite part of hunting and since I can't fish out of a tree stand I felt like the Hunting Forum would be the appropriate place for the new thread. Don't worry about being caught in New York, I try to stay away from states that have/had representatives with the last name Clinton. I apologize for my defensiveness. I must have looked to far into his 1st post and mixed up early morning sarcasm with normal Yankee etiquette.

-Binky

Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Dude, you could totally fish out of a tree stand. I've wished for one many times at overly wooded creek banks.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
I must have looked to far into his 1st post and mixed up early morning sarcasm with normal Yankee etiquette.
Ok Twit (short for Mr. Twitter), my question was an attempt to find out if there is any small or large game hunting season open where you live, and since you chose to leave your location out of your USER CP I had no way of knowing what part of the country you are in - now that I know you are a transplant to Fla. from some "still- fighting -the-civil-war" southern state, your attitude makes sense.

Quote:
I was on private land and shot "at" a couple of coyotes.
I love leaving for a vacation and coming back with various forms of meat
For the record, unlike you "southern boys", "northern yankee etiquette" doesn't include serving up some fresh "yote" with our vittles and black-eyed peas...

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-07-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
For the record, unlike you "southern boys", "northern hospitality" doesn't include serving up some fresh "yote" with our vittles and black-eyed peas...
LOL! Those Southern women sure can cook; they can probably make almost anything taste good. I haven't tried coyote though. Chitlins weren't my cup of tea.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Dude, you could totally fish out of a tree stand. I've wished for one many times at overly wooded creek banks.

Agreed! (did I just say that?!) I have literally "gone out on a limb" many times to cast into a pool holding a fat brown.