Training your gun dog , RIGHT !

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Training your gun dog , RIGHT !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1087 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default Training your gun dog , RIGHT !

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — A bird hunter was shot in the buttocks after his dog stepped on a shotgun laid across the bow of a boat.

Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter says the 46-year-old Utah man was duck hunting with a friend when he climbed out of the boat to move decoys.

Potter says the man left his 12-gauge shotgun in the boat and the dog stepped on it, causing it to fire. It wasn't clear whether the safety on the gun was on at the time.

Potter says the man was hit from about 10 feet (three meters) away with 27 pellets of birdshot. He says the man wasn't seriously injured, in part because he was wearing waders. The man was treated at a nearby hospital

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh boy I would be pissed

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #2

It's not the dogs fault its the idiot leaving a loaded gun unattended pointing in his direction. I'm glad it was him and not a kid.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

NOW! For the rest of the story! Last year while hunting ducks an unnamed Utah man shot his dog for not responding to commands. The dog was very upset due to the fact the wind was blowing so hard and at the distance he was from the boat he could not clearly hear the weeny hunters voice commands. When the dog returned to the boat bleeding after being shot he had the perceived body language of someone wanting revenge and to get even for being mistreated according to a fellow hunter present. Well now you know the rest of the story!! This year he DID by taking advantage of the hunters stupidity for leaving the shotgun lying in the boat with the safety off! Claiming to be just a dumb dog, no intent was found by the Sheriff's Department regarding the incident. And the dog got off Scott free! And the blame went to the hunter. Private comments from the dog to an unknown source advised I'll bet that Stupid S-B will think twice before he shoots me again! Wonder how he likes his own medicine!
That's my take on the truth of this story posted by Mobile Marine!