Trail Camera's - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Trail Camera's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post

Yeah, the problem here is that the big bucks are nocturnal.
They are everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post

I don't use attractant scents, I shower with scent-free soap and use Hunter Specialties "Scent-a-Way" to wash my hunting clothes, and sometimes I'll use a fall foliage cover scent that smells like dirt. I also rake all the leaves off the path to my stand. It's a pain in the a$$ since my path is 1/4 mile long. I may use a leaf blower this year...
I don't do any of that and I still get a deer or three every year. I've killed several deer while smoking. May not get one this year since I quit a few months ago tho.

You'll like the camera. You'll get pics of not only deer but fox, squirrels, rabbits, etc. You might be surprised at what all comes by your stand.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:51 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bought one of those cameras last weekend, although, I didn't get any deer picture I got some real nice ones of me. Next week I'm setting it on a trail with a lot of tracks at the bottom of my ridge, a place where I never have hunted and often wondered what time those deer moved through there. Good investment for a mere fifty bananas. I give it 4****.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #13

We own 1500 acres of managed land here in east texas. We use cameras religously and i stand by them 100 percent we are currently using Moultrie GameSpy 4.0's with an led sensor. The date and time are a must and i love the way these things work. Each year we name the bucks different names so we know what buck to kill and not to kill and to identify that he is no longer on the property when he is taken. These are a great invention and i suggest one to everybody.

Ghostndawoodz

"A gun is a tool, sir, no better or no worse than any other tool, an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."

Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

In my opinion, its another tool. We have some out where I hunt and it's nice to see what all is coming thru the area but doesn't do anything for you during the hunt. It's cool to see the various animals and the different deer in the area but thats about it. It does help if you are planting different foods in different plots. You can see what they like, at what time of year, etc....

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I bought a Bushnell at Walmart for $100. It was extremely unsatisfactory. I took it back and got my money back. I then went to Academy Sports and bought a Moultrie for $90. It is 4 mega pixel. It is a flash type instead of infra red. But I am highly pleased with it. The flash does not bother the deer. A friend of mine has a Cuddebak that he paid $200 for. Mine takes almost as good pictures as his.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well over the last several weeks I've been through 3 sets of batteries and over 21 days of total use with the cheap WildGame Innovations s1.3 camera which WalMart is selling for $49. What a piece of crap! The 30 sec. delay makes it worthless for anything other than hunting over a feeder, where you don't want 25 pics of the same deer. Unless the deer in your area are extremely vane and searchng for fame and glory, a 30 second delay will allow them to pass right through the target area before being photographed. I am going to buy the Bushnell or some other brand that does not have a pre-programmed delay built in. Also, the quality of the electronics and sensor is such that unless the camera is pointing in the opposite direction of the rising and setting sun, the pictures are "washed-out". Don't waste your money on WildGame Innovations unless you hunt over a feeder.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 11-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:29 PM   #17

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I want the new Bushnell Trophy cam 5mp it is 6" tall by 4" wide. It is one of the smallest cameras out there. I am just worried that when I put it out the place I would put it I can't get to every week I would be worried all the time that some one would steel it.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I want the new Bushnell Trophy cam 5mp it is 6" tall by 4" wide. It is one of the smallest cameras out there. I am just worried that when I put it out the place I would put it I can't get to every week I would be worried all the time that some one would steel it.

A few company's make locking brackets to secure the camera to a tree. Unfortunately there isn't a lock made that can't be breeched or a cable that can't be cut, especially in the woods, where you have all the time in the world. I've known people who have had tree stands stolen - it's best not to worry about it, cause there's not a damned thing you can do to prevent it.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 11-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7451&stc=1&d=125760886 8
DSC_0009.jpghttp://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7452&stc=1&d=125760888 7
DSC_0020.jpghttp://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7453&stc=1&d=125760890 6
DSC_0021.jpg

Here's some pictures from my $50.00 Walmart camera. As you can see the deer were pretty nocturnal. There's a pretty nice scrape in front of that oak tree that these deer were visiting.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Last edited by hunter Joe; 02-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I picked up a Moultrie 5.0 at Cabelas freind and family sale this weekend. Got it for $56 marked down from $149. I Have it set up down back in the wood to se what is traveling through, alot of tracks and scrapes but I have yet to see anything.. I hope to catch em now