Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Hunting Forum (
-   -   Texas deer season (

ledhed 10-09-2011 07:49 AM

Texas deer season
So pumped. Less than a month away and chompin at the bit to get out there. Dads got a place in Comanche county and can't wait to start huntin on it. Got pigs galore but scouting looks promising for whitetail. Excited either way. Hunting is hunting

phammily 10-09-2011 08:07 AM

Yea you guys are so lucky because you have lots to hunt, in australia you don't get much to hunt and it's very hard to fine a good hunting spot. All I get to hunt are rabbits and kangaroos

ledhed 10-09-2011 08:50 AM

You can join the fight against the cane toad. Get a cheap pellet riffle and you can shoot em all day long.

phammily 10-11-2011 09:35 AM

Only if I was up north. See I live in south Australia, to dry for them

spittinfire 10-11-2011 10:18 AM

We've been hunting here in NC since Sept 11. I'm waiting for rifle season to start because so far I've been seeing them but they're staying a good 20 yards outside bow range.

Txhillbilly 10-12-2011 04:17 PM

We finally got some rain last week,so I'll go up to my lease next week and see if there is any sign of deer in the area.
With the drought that's been going on around here,the deer haven't been anywhere near the place that I hunt-no water in the ponds or creek,but maybe it rained up there.

powg 10-14-2011 03:26 AM

east tx lease
its been dry as a powderhouse here in panola co . have had a few showers sunday .tuesday ... need more ....plots planted ,feeders full hope we get some rain and a cold front before the opener.