Texans encouraged to go Hog Wild.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Texans encouraged to go Hog Wild.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Texans encouraged to go Hog Wild.

Texas declares war on hogs gone wild - Yahoo! News

"The state's Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples has declared October "Hog Out Month - Get the Hog Outta Texas!" as part of a campaign to eradicate the pests."

""Get the Hog Outta Texas" month will feature a challenge among Texas counties that will run until October 31. The county that documents the most hogs removed during the month will get a $25,000 grant toward what the Texas Department of Agriculture terms "feral hog abatement technologies.""

Any of you Texas forumites planning on showing some county spirit & turning some hogs into spirits? If so, good luck! Maybe some pics of your October bacon makin'?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Any of you Texas forumites planning on showing some county spirit & turning some hogs into spirits? If so, good luck! Maybe some pics of your October bacon makin'?
I'm on it.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #3

Default huntin for hog huntin

I would just love to help someone clear some hogs off your property. I know people who have property, but won't allow hunting and most of the places that do hunting want a bushel of money just to shoot a couple of pigs. How about someone showing some good Texas hospitality and let me come shoot a couple? DFW area. IM me and I won't tell anyone else.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I'm on it.
Coincidently, CA Representative Henry Waxman has cancelled plans to travel to Texas in October to campaign for fellow House members....

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #5

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Coincidently, CA Representative Henry Waxman has cancelled plans to travel to Texas in October to campaign for fellow House members....

Good thinking on his part.