Teen killed in hunting accident - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Teen killed in hunting accident

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
True...... but most people figure I dont need a harness, Not like Im not able to keep myself on/in the stand. Then they get to hunting and Lean over to see what that noise was or Fall asleep and Bam Their gone. I dont think the harness would help though if your getting into the stand and slip on the Icy metal ladder. I know thats taken atleast 2 guys in the surrounding Counties.
dont have to worry about ice here. I usually stalk rather than sit in a tree stand but for some reason that I do go up in one, I am extra careful. I dont care if there is a world record buck around and I scare it away, id rather live.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #22
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
So don't attack the sport, attack the idiots not being safe.
Amen Skully. It's the idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

My prayers go out to the family.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Let me go on the record here. If you shoot into a "moving bush" and kill someone, you should be prosecuted, period. In Texas, we call that:

Sec.19.04 (Penal Code) Manslaughter.
(a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree. (2-20 yrs in prison)

Once convicted that person will never legally hunt with a firearm again thus removing them from the problem.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Let me go on the record here. If you shoot into a "moving bush" and kill someone, you should be prosecuted, period. In Texas, we call that:

Sec.19.04 (Penal Code) Manslaughter.
(a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree. (2-20 yrs in prison)

Once convicted that person will never legally hunt with a firearm again thus removing them from the problem.
Robo I agree 100% that law should be nation wide, in every damn state. To many hunting accidents happen because of this exact careless BS.

One better have positive verification and ID on their target, before they pull that trigger, not hidden distant movement.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

I think similar laws are in place in most states. Texas just happens to have a fairly simple set of laws. Too many people a unwilling to accept this is something other than an "Accident". Recklessness is not an accident. Negligence is not an accident. Deliberately stupid is not an accident.

Even the anti-gun left does not push the prosecution of such offenders. They are too busy blaming the gun for the death to blame the person who pulled the trigger.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
They are too busy blaming the gun for the death to blame the person who pulled the trigger.
thats the truth aint it? its never the idiot that shot the other hunter. its always the guns fault. blame the gun.