Swivel Hunting Chair review
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Swivel Hunting Chair review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

Default Swivel Hunting Chair review

Since I built my big mobile hunting blind,I looked at a bunch of swivel chairs to use in it. I needed something that could be folded or taken apart easily,since I plan on sleeping in the blind while I'm hunting.
There are many different chairs out on the market,some are very good but also very expensive,other are cheap,and with most things,you get what you pay for.

I purchased both of these chairs from the Sportsman's Guide.

Swivel Hunting Chair review - Hunting Forum

The Guide Gear Swivel Blind Chair - For only $26.99 you get a chair that feels like you're setting on a rock,and also lacks any cushion on the backrest.
It's size,and height seems to be made for a child,not an adult. For it's size,it is also pretty heavy,and the carry strap is made onto the chair,so it gets in the way when you swivel the chair around.
It does fold up into a compact size,and would be easy to carry around if needed.
The feet on the legs are plastic,and also rather small in diameter,so this probably wouldn't be a good chair for setting on the ground with,since it would probably sink into the ground.
This is probably a good chair to have for a person to have,if you don't want another person hunting with you in a blind. It gets really uncomfortable to sit on very fast,plus it forces you to set completely straight up,with the metal frame digging into the middle of your back.
Bottom line,This isn't a very good hunting chair!

Continued -
North American Hunting Club
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2014, 04:47 AM   #2

The Smithworks Outdoors ComfortQuest Sport Chair.
Now this thing is a Ferrari compared to the Guide Gear chair,but it also cost about 4 times as much, $107.99. It is worth every penny of that also.
This chair is welded steel tubing,and is made for a man to set in. It's big and wide,has folding armrest,lots of cushioning. The legs are adjustable in height,and the removeable feet are around 2.5" in diameter. You could set in a mud hole with this chair and not sink into the ground.
The chair comes folded up in a very nice Cordura bag,with carry handles,and strap.

The adjustable legs fit nicely into the back of the chair,and are held in place with two straps.

The chair also has carry handles made on it,so you don't need to use the bag if you don't want to.

Continued -

Old 08-10-2014, 04:57 AM   #3

This chair is heavy,but it is also very comfortable to set in for extended periods of time.

Folded up,the ComfortQuest chair isn't much bigger than the Guide Gear chair,and it only weighs a couple pounds more. They also sell a shorter set of adjustable legs,and I bought them too. I actually installed them on the chair to use in my hunting blind. It allows me to set upright in the chair without having to lean over when I'm aiming a rifle out the window openings,and also gives me a better field of view for glassing for game.

Cabelas and Bass Pro have chairs that cost about the same as this one,but they are not built near as good,nor do they have folding armrest.
I love this chair!

Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #4

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

I never carried a chair to a hunt.

Carl Sagan

Old 08-11-2014, 12:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
They are used in a hunting blind,not for stalking.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #6

Liked 1322 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Beats the heck out of sitting on the ground.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 08-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #7
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2654 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 14680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
Beats the heck out of sitting on the ground.
True that! Most of the time i can fall asleep on the ground. using a chair actually keeps me awake.

Then again, like my father, I have a much higher success rate when all I have to do is wake up to shoot. last 3 deer I got were wake and take.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.