Suppressors for hunting" legislation in Oklahoma! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Suppressors for hunting" legislation in Oklahoma!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Because we can? Or should be!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-11-2010, 04:55 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm convinced.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Last edited by Duddn; 01-11-2010 at 05:19 AM.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Now, I never said I thought others shouldn't own what I do.

If you are legally capable of owning a gun, then you should be able to have class 3.

Silencers and full auto have no viable use in the hunting arena. You simply cannot dissuade me of this.

I do ask you to give me three good reasons to use either though.
I'll be your huckleberry........

1). Nobody said a damn thing about full auto rifles, this is about suppressed hunting firearms and a suppressor is just another accessory piece you can add to a firearm. It only serves one function to suppresse the muzzle blast. They simply bring the sound level of a shot fired down from one that is highly ear damaging to one that is still very loud, but below levels that cause severer ear/hearing damage. Using a suppressed weapon helps protect a shooter's hearing.

2). As well as reducing the noise of the muzzle blast, the suppressor also hides any muzzle flash. Because the muzzle blast is contained, firing when in a prone position does not throw up any dust or debris, in case you need to be on spot to quickly make a second shot. It is also harder to hear where the shooter is, and also harder to see him. That would be very advantageous to you, pertaining to the type of game you may be hunting.

3). Suppressors also have a recoil reducing effect. This is partially due to gas pressure against the end cap, but also due to reduced velocity of the gas leaving the suppressor muzzle. Unlike a muzzle brake, the suppressor does not throw gases out to the side, to the detriment and discomfort of other hunters you may be close to. On certain firearms it has been noticed that the fitting of a suppressor reduces muzzle flip and climb when firing. For some firearms the use of a suppressor also improves accuracy, since the bullet emerging from the rifle or gun receives less buffering from turbulent gases.

These are just a few of the main reasons why I would personally benefit from using a suppressor while hunting. I see all pros and no cons, how about you?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-11-2010, 05:19 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like IGETEVEN just got even. I agree, the less animals you scare off means the more of them you can shoot, and where I usually hunt its not unusual to have a few or more hunters within one square mile.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I'll be your huckleberry........

1). Nobody said a damn thing about full auto rifles, this is about suppressed hunting firearms and a suppressor is just another accessory piece you can add to a firearm. It only serves one function to suppresse the muzzle blast. They simply bring the sound level of a shot fired down from one that is highly ear damaging to one that is still very loud, but below levels that cause severer ear/hearing damage. Using a suppressed weapon helps protect a shooter's hearing.

2). As well as reducing the noise of the muzzle blast, the suppressor also hides any muzzle flash. Because the muzzle blast is contained, firing when in a prone position does not throw up any dust or debris, in case you need to be on spot to quickly make a second shot. It is also harder to hear where the shooter is, and also harder to see him. That would be very advantageous to you, pertaining to the type of game you may be hunting.

3). Suppressors also have a recoil reducing effect. This is partially due to gas pressure against the end cap, but also due to reduced velocity of the gas leaving the suppressor muzzle. Unlike a muzzle brake, the suppressor does not throw gases out to the side, to the detriment and discomfort of other hunters you may be close to. On certain firearms it has been noticed that the fitting of a suppressor reduces muzzle flip and climb when firing. For some firearms the use of a suppressor also improves accuracy, since the bullet emerging from the rifle or gun receives less buffering from turbulent gases.

These are just a few of the main reasons why I would personally benefit from using a suppressor while hunting. I see all pros and no cons, how about you?

Jack
Ok, now I know that I want some. Great post, Jack.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ok, now I know that I want some. Great post, Jack.
You mean you had to think about it?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #18

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I so wish suppressors would have been common place all along. I would not have the constant ringing in my ears that I do now. I am debating purchas of one here in the next year or two.

Not sure why you are so against people hunting with one. To me it is safer for all. Now hunting I don't have to wear ear plugs or muffs or both while hunting. Now I can hear others movements weather it be a person or an animal.

So please give me your reasons why it is bad to hunt with suppressors. Don't use i can hear shots to know where deer are moving. That is a load of effing BS a suppressor does nothing to quiet the sonic crack of the bullet so therefor you still hear it. I am so with jack on this one.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I wish someone would introduce similar legislation in Georgia, I'm ready.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2110 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 3177

I hunt hogs at least twice a week 12 months of the year here in OK. A suppressor on my AR sure would be nice. Now if OK would just let us kill hogs at night with the use of a light.