Stoked

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Stoked

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Default Stoked

th_smilesanimatedlarge.gif
Just a few more days till hunting season!! I am so excited. This year I hit the jackpot. Doe, Cow and a Bull tag!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!
Good Luck Guys!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #2

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good luck, Luke. Our guys counted 58 White-tail in our 200-acre pasture last night and saw hundreds of pigs. Even a moron like me should be able to get a deer this season.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:06 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Wow! You hit the trifecta Luke! Best of luck and bring home some quality meat for the Forum Table.

Stay safe brother! Happy Hunting.

JD

Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #4

Just thought I would give you guys an update. So far this season we have 5 does on the ground and ready for processing. There was a lot of fine meat I can hardly wait to get the processing done and get to the eating. I have to share this story. The opening night up here we saw 4 does out in the pasture of where we are hunting. We stalked up on them to within 75 yards 4 of us that is never could get a shot because of the tall grass. So my partner said lets all take a knee that was myself my son my partner and his son. We all took a knee and it was over. An observer said that she heard 2 shots and 4 deer fell! What a rush I have never even been told a story like that much less taken part in it. Kudos to my son because he got a dead kill shot first kill.
The very next moring we took my niece out to another strectch of land and within 45 minutes we had her doe on the ground. Guys it has been a wonderful hunt so far. Now we have 3 cow tags and 2 bull tags to go.
p1000858.jpg

Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

AWESOME hunt so far! Keep us updated on the cow/bull hunts.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Hey Luke, where do you live?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Outstanding, Luke!!!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #8

Well camera got lost while packing out but the head count was 2 cows and a nice 4x5. I am on to the jerky making etc. This is the first year I have used Cabelas brand seasoning and I have to say that I am impressed. The problem is the more I make and the more I eat it just makes me want next year to get here all the faster!!!! One thing I have to say is that hunting here in Colorado is just awsome even if it has been 70 degrees out.

Last edited by lukeisme; 11-07-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #9

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is a cool picture of all of you. Looks like you had a blast and u look super happy with what you guys caught!! I have never been hunting but looking at some people's faces when they get a deer I think it would be exciting. I just ain't sure if I can shoot one lol!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #10

When I was a youngster growing up(not like I am that old) we had and still have more pets than I care to admit right down to the skunk that lives in my garage. I used to think that I couldn't shoot a pretty deer. Then when I was 12 I saw a doe and her fawn starving to death not be able to get away from coyotes. Let me tell you nature is a cruel, cruel beast. What hunters like myelf and many others understand is that we are a part of nature and we are the merciful part of nature. We were given husbandry over the animals of the earth if you believe in Genesis and it is our duty to take care of them, from feeding them and loveing them to culling the heard. Tell you right now I would whole lot rather go by a bullet then starvng to death or getting pulled apart by coyotes. I am not saying that anyone who doesnt hunt is not an animal lover or a bad person by any means. I am just saying that those few of us that understand and take joy in our pastimes understand something that most never will. To me its kinda like owning firearms. With great pleasure comes great responsibilty.