Stinger HP vs segmented on chucks
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Stinger HP vs segmented on chucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Stinger HP vs segmented on chucks

Does anyone have any experience with the CCI stinger with the hp versus the segmented bullet on groundhogs?

All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #2

Liked 783 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 850

I'm not sure what you mean by segmented.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #3

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I have hunted with Stingers and they work great. But they are not very accurate in any of my .22's.

So a couple of years ago I made the switch to Velocitors. They kill like the Hand of God, but are very accurate. The 40gr bullet is way more accurate than the 32gr Stinger in my experience.

By "segmented" are you referring to bullets that break into pieces upon impact?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:22 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ye, the segmented rounds by CC! have the same ballistics as the Stinger.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them on chucks vs HP
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here is what the CC1 catalog listings for the rounds I am talking about

Count
0050 22 Long Rifle 32 GLHP Stinger 50
0064 22 Long Rifle 32 SLHP Segmented Hollow Point 50

Velocity, ft/sec
Load No. Caliber Muzzle 25 50 75 100
0050 22 Long Rifle 1640 1452 1292 1162 1066
0064 22 Long Rifle 1640 1452 1292 1162 1066

Energy, ft-lbs
Load No. Caliber Muzzle 25 50 75 100
0050 22 Long Rifle 191 150 119 96 81
0064 22 Long Rifle 191 150 119 96 81

Trajectory
Load No. Caliber 25 50 75 100
0050 22 Long Rifle 0.7 1.9 1.7 0.0
0064 22 Long Rifle 0.7 1.9 1.7 0.0

Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts

When I was a kid we used CCI Stingers to drop groundhogs all the time to keep them out of the garden. We were in the bottom of a valley with other houses around(we were the last house with nothing but woods behind us for miles) and a centerfire rifle was just too loud for the neighbors but the 22 didn't bother them. Stingers were the only 22LR we could find that would drop them consistantly. Longest shot was probably 75 yards.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I believe that they call them Quick Shock

Old 02-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #8

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by montveil View Post
I believe that they call them Quick Shock
You are right. I have some in the stash, but could not remember the name. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #9

Default cci stinger ammo

Like Spittinfire I did the same thing years ago using my Rem Nylon 66 gun, The Stingers would drop them like a rock out to 100yds expecially with a head shot, when possible but even a body shot with the stingers, they would drop, Funny thing this past summer I saw a chuck out on my next door neighbors garden which was about 75-85 yds away so I got my 66 which I always keep loaded with stingers any way for other vermin lurking around the property, & with just the iron sights on the gun 2 fast shots to the body & that chuck was coyote bait, I felt good after all of these years I can still put the 22 rf stingers on target, where I am aiming I figure if the stingers still work why try any new kind of ammo, PS the only other ammo that I trust in my NYlon 66 that is about equal to the stingers, are the Rem Yellow Jackets another great RF round that just about equals the stingers, there were times when the stingers were in shortage so I used the Yellow Jackets, with great results.