Spur-winged goose destroy wheat lands
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Spur-winged goose destroy wheat lands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Default Spur-winged goose destroy wheat lands

Hundreds of these birds are found on the wheat lands and farmers are losing lost of money.
I shot this one using my .308 Howa Varminter. Distance: 470 meters.
Used 168 gr Hornady Match.

makou-13-jun-2014-1.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #2

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Nice shot!! Birds on the ground are hard to hit. Their feathers create the illusion of a larger target.

Many farmers have their priorities screwed up. They would rather collect proceeds from a hunting lease than allow people to thin out animals that damage their crops.

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 06-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Cajun............

I guess I be the first. Wheres the crop the birds feeding on, looks like a well plucked field from the farmer and his neighbors. Your next pic better be that goose in a frying pan..............LOL............Welcome to fTf and a hello from the state that is Sportsman paradise.................
Old 06-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Default willshoum

On the pic you don't see the crop.
Next time I will invite you for dinner!

Last edited by Pieter; 06-15-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Bon apetite...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
On the pic you don't see the crop.
Next time I will invite you for dinner!
You gonna need more than one goose if you invite a coonass to dinner................I'll bring the pop with the foam on top................We had a problem here in the U.S.A. for a while with the over pop. of certain geese. All they had to do was tell the coonass there was no limit. Problem solved..............LOL...............Then again, some cajuns don't believe in the laws............We kill to survive............Then we have thoughs that werent raised right. They need, well I'll let things run it's course............Thank the lord Canada geese don't have guns. I got my arse whupped by a male goose defending his nest.............
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #6

Liked 1320 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
You gonna need more than one goose if you invite a coonass to dinner................I'll bring the pop with the foam on top................We had a problem here in the U.S.A. for a while with the over pop. of certain geese. All they had to do was tell the coonass there was no limit. Problem solved..............LOL...............Then again, some cajuns don't believe in the laws............We kill to survive............Then we have thoughs that werent raised right. They need, well I'll let things run it's course............Thank the lord Canada geese don't have guns. I got my arse whupped by a male goose defending his nest.............
There was a petition a few years ago in Souh Louisiana to extend the waterfowl season by two more months.

Upon receiving the petition the Governor asked what shall we name the months?
People Like This 
Old 06-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Cross the Border..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
There was a petition a few years ago in Souh Louisiana to extend the waterfowl season by two more months.

Upon receiving the petition the Governor asked what shall we name the months?
WTF...........The mexican tree duck has made a home in La. It's an invasive species. Why in the hell do we have a limit................... Oh wait the gubment makes money on the cross border vermin. Just like the human cross borders..............And you call me stupid. Yes because I put up with this CHIT....................

Old 06-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #8

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
If you have a dog that wants to kill chickens, let it attack a canadian goose. After the goose beats the dog with it's wings the dog will not bother any more birds. Canadian geese are more effective than duct taping a chicken wing in the dogs mouth.

People Like This