Smallest/Lightest .22 for hunting - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Smallest/Lightest .22 for hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'ts not so much that I want to shoot a lot but it's easier with something that takes a magazine

Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #32

rossi singleshot 22. henry accubolt 22. cricket 22. Around $150 should get you any of these guns. I own all 3. Henry has got to be my favorite just because of how it shoots. The rossi in close second. These also come in what they call handi rifles chambered in 22 and an extra interchangeable barrel chambered in .410

Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #33

Keep in mind this is JUST MY OPINION but if its for SHTF and not just for fun, then stay away from the ruger charger (hurts me inside to bad mouth anything ruger for any reason) and that kel tec. I understand your want for light/mobile/compact weaponry, but DO NOT settle for a 8-12 inch barrel in a weapon who's primary purpose is small game hunting. Keep in mind that a squirrel is a pretty tiny target at 100 yards for a small caliber rifle, and you want every inch of barrel you can muster to reach out and touch it.

Remington Model SPR94™ Shotgun/Rifle Combo Specifications - a LITTLE bulkier than what you want, but man is it a good survival rifle! the ability to fire either .22 or .410 is unbelievably important in a survival situation. You know how hard it is to hit a bird with a .22?

If you really cant afford the space that would take up or what have you, the marlin papoose is a great option.

good luck with your search man

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 12-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #34

Well, I hope we never have to go to apocalypse war or something and if we do, I won't have to be walking around in the woods 'cause I ain't carryin' all this ****

What are the chances of poppin' a squirrel in the head at 100 yards with an AK and a good scope? Seriously..

Old 12-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #35

Um, with an ak? i have no idea... dont like to even touch the things. I would assume with the ammo and given that you have adequate marksman skills you SHOULD easily be able to hit the thing... problem is - there will be no more squirrel. What little squirrel scraps you have left over after that 7.62 pops it like a pimple wnt be worth gathering up to eat.

My advice to you is develop a bug out location that you can keep all these rifles and ammo and supplies at when the SHTF. And of course a car to keep it all in until you get there (I suggest a small ford ranger or something of the like with a nice size toolbox to keep most of your supplies in and a backpack or 2 for the rest)

again, just my 2 cents.

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 12-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #36

That's why I wanted to pop'em in the head. That should leave the body intact

Yeah, ideally I would have a given location but hell, who knows