slingshot

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > slingshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default slingshot

Does anyone hunt with a slingshot?
Also, what can you hunt with one, and are they good eatin?

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I hunted in my teens with one. The Wrist-Rocket was (And surely still is) capable of taking down small game like rabbits, squirrels, and fowl. I can only vouch for rabbit, squirrel, Hungarian partridge and pigeons as being "good eating" after kiling them with a slingshot. Dad had lead pieces about the same diameter as the barrel of a Sharpie and 1/2" long that would knock the living sh*t out of small game that he used in his work as a telephone lineman. Having grown up poor, pigeon was always acceptable table fare.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9351 Times on 4034 Posts
Likes Given: 1468

+1 on the Wrist Rocket. Rabbits, squirrels, quail- and the neighbor's dog knows to say in his OWN damned yard! I have used steel 1/2 inch ball bearings for ammo. About as much power as a recurve bow. Quiet, cheap, and unregulated. But you WILL learn to estimate range and drop.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #4

In my youth I did some squirrel hunting with a self-made slingshot made entirely out of leather. I used good-shaped rocks as ammunition. I was pretty accurate with it, being able to hit a 2-3 inch target area at about 20 meters or more. Plenty distance to get a squirrel over. I was obsessed with ancient weapons growing up.

Edit: Took me a lot of practice though, I am talking weeks/months of daily practice for an hour or two before I became that accurate with it.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 03-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Many hours with a slingshot. Although in Los Angeles, all we had were possums, coons, and the neighbors pets.. Was really cool when paintballs came out. Lots of critters had red spots on the rear..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 03-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Many hours with a slingshot. Although in Los Angeles, all we had were possums, coons, and the neighbors pets.. Was really cool when paintballs came out. Lots of critters had red spots on the rear..
LMAO!
10dumbrule

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown