Slings

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Slings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Slings

Hey guys, I have a RRA LAR-308, I was wondering what kind of sling do you all recommend for carrying. I have about a 1/4 mile walk, not far from my truck to my blind, but with a back pack on my back, and a flashlight in my hand, my sling that I have now sometimes slips off my shoulder. Any suggestions? I don't want to sound like a wuss, but, there has got to be something better for carry.
Thanks
Mike

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 501

A good three point would allow stable muzzle down carry across your chest. They will usually have a release to let the front portion of the sling slide in an emergency if you needed to get ready for a shot while packing in or out. But wihe the release fastend it should keep the muzzle under control and keep the rifle from swinging all over the place.