Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   SLINGBOW! Is it legal to hunt deer/hogs with? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/slingbow-legal-hunt-deer-hogs-101327/)

chadlman 12-08-2013 08:09 PM

SLINGBOW! Is it legal to hunt deer/hogs with?

Ey guys don't know if you've ever herd of them before but there pretty popular now!a Slingbow is a slingshot modified to shoot arrows! Wanted to know if there legal to hunt with? Ive herd of people taking down some decent
Y sized game with them but dont know if its legal here in florida?
Thanks guys

hardluk1 12-08-2013 10:16 PM

The only way you are going to know if its legal is to ask your states wild life commission about if its legal. But watching some odd duck chief aj videos and a couple others a 45lb pull sling bow is far from being fast enough when compared to a full pull on a modern 45lb pull compound that is the minimum for hunting in most states. Also so a modern compound bow can shoot an arrow well over 225 fps up to 245fps. a Compounds are able to shoot much more accurately.

c3shooter 12-08-2013 10:26 PM

As said- you have to talk with the Perch police there in FL. Here in VA, it could be used to take small game, but not deer.

For deer- c&p from our game regs for archery-

Archery tackle (including crossbows) only.
•Broadhead widths must be at least 7/8-inch wide or expand upon impact to 7/8-inch.
•Bows must be capable of propelling a broadhead arrow at least 125 yards.
•It is unlawful to use explosive head arrows or arrows to which any drug, chemical, or toxic substance has been added.

Gatoragn 12-08-2013 10:27 PM

Www.myfwc.com

http://m.myfwc.com/hunting/regulations/taking-game/

chadlman 12-08-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardluk1
The only way you are going to know if its legal is to ask your states wild life commission about if its legal. But watching some odd duck chief aj videos and a couple others a 45lb pull sling bow is far from being fast enough when compared to a full pull on a modern 45lb pull compound that is the minimum for hunting in most states. Also so a modern compound bow can shoot an arrow well over 225 fps up to 245fps. a Compounds are able to shoot much more accurately.

Yea ive seen those fake chief aj video but dave canterbury's have a 45lb pull at i think 28" or so... I think it could do decent if youbwere close enough

chadlman 12-08-2013 10:47 PM

I read that and im pretty sure its legal unless i missed something!

303tom 12-09-2013 05:11 AM

Just as well use a Spear gun !.................

JTJ 12-09-2013 12:53 PM

Slingbows are not new. I had a modified Wammo slingshot 60 years ago. I never considered hunting with one. It would propel a ceder arrow well over 125 yards and can be very accurate at short range. We used to shoot at 25 yards. Several of us kids had them and Wammo had a bent metal rod with a V in it to fit their slingshots. They would work as a survival tool as should just the slingshot. The slingshots are cheap and ammo is free if you use rocks. Marbles, buckshot, ball bearings all work very well.

unclebear 12-13-2013 05:45 AM

My brother in law has played with them for a while now he not bad with one but like said i wouldnt try it on a deer unless i had to and for hogs id pack a pistol for just in case. They do make pretty nice survival tools we use to kill birds and rabbits with them missed more then we hit though.

CHIEF-GREATDANE 12-13-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclebear
My brother in law has played with them for a while now he not bad with one but like said i wouldnt try it on a deer unless i had to and for hogs id pack a pistol for just in case. They do make pretty nice survival tools we use to kill birds and rabbits with them missed more then we hit though.

Yea im thinking of getting one as well... Do you know if there legal to go bow fishing with in any old canal? I have a canal behind my house id wanna try it in! I looked it up and did some reserch and from what i understand im pretty sure its legal....