Show your Deer Stand/Blind

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Show your Deer Stand/Blind

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default Show your Deer Stand/Blind

Since we're in the middle of this years deer season show your stand or blind that you use and spend quite a bit of time in,I always enjoy seeing other hunters set ups for stand or blind hunting.

Hunting here in Missouri we use both stands and blinds,but for me I prefer the stand for a better view and concealment

Here's one of our Tower or Tripod stands that we built years ago

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #2

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter
Since we're in the middle of this years deer season show your stand or blind that you use and spend quite a bit of time in,I always enjoy seeing other hunters set ups for stand or blind hunting.

Hunting here in Missouri we use both stands and blinds,but for me I prefer the stand for a better view and concealment

Here's one of our Tower or Tripod stands that we built years ago
That's a nice stand.....until your neighbors cow decides its criss braces are good for rubbing against-while your in it!!. I wish id seen this before I left my grandmas cuz my stand-bout 4 miles north of lebanon mo by river-will blow most folks minds

Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #3

Thanks Marlinman
How's was your opening weekend?? Ours here in central mo. was windy and warm,we didn't see any deer where we would normally see at least 5 or more,sometimes a dozen or more a day? If you get back to lebanon Id sure like to see your stand,I always enjoy seeing other hunters ideas.

So far the cattle haven't bothered them(knock on wood) we've been hunting with the tripods in pastures,timbers,and cropfields 20 years without any problems from the cattle.

We also built some concealment blinds that wrap around the hunter that's made with 1" pvc pipe for the frame and camo material for the cover.The concealment blinds can be mounted on the top of the tripod for concealment,or can also be used for a ground blinds with a 5 gallon bucket for a seat.
I'll try and get a pic. of the concealment blind,it's four sided and tapers like a pyramid with both ends open

Good Luck Deer Hunting

Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks Marlinman
How's was your opening weekend?? Ours here in central mo. was windy and warm,we didn't see any deer where we would normally see at least 5 or more,sometimes a dozen or more a day? If you get back to lebanon Id sure like to see your stand,I always enjoy seeing other hunters ideas.

So far the cattle haven't bothered them(knock on wood) we've been hunting with the tripods in pastures,timbers,and cropfields 20 years without any problems from the cattle.

We also built some concealment blinds that wrap around the hunter that's made with 1" pvc pipe for the frame and camo material for the cover.The concealment blinds can be mounted on the top of the tripod for concealment,or can also be used for a ground blinds with a 5 gallon bucket for a seat.
I'll try and get a pic. of the concealment blind,it's four sided and tapers like a pyramid with both ends open

Good Luck Deer Hunting
Look at 2012 hunting season kills for my results. Ya it was warm and windy sat and sun. We made up for it Monday though
Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 728 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 1734

My deer stand this year is my upstairs front porch. Tis a joy to live surrounded by woods...

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
My deer stand this year is my upstairs front porch. Tis a joy to live surrounded by woods...
Front porch? Must be nice hunting so close to home lol

Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #7

Liked 931 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 680

I have 18 hang-ons and 4 climbers so I have lots of stands. Plus I hunt from the ground still-hunting a lot during rifle season.

USMC 74-78

Old 11-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I have two ladder stands, a tripod stand, a climber, & two blinds.
I hunt the stands when other hunters are in the woods but when I hunt by myself I'll use the blinds or the climber to get in the right place.
I never seem to have a stand in the right place so the more I have the better my chances.
The one I like the most is my two person ladder stand, it is like having your home couch 17+ feet up a tree.
Here is a link to it.
http://bigdogtreestands.com/products-page/ladder-stands/bdl-1050-17-5-stadium-series-xl/

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
I have 18 hang-ons and 4 climbers so I have lots of stands. Plus I hunt from the ground still-hunting a lot during rifle season.
It's always nice to have options,I also enjoy doing some still hunting in the rifle season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
I have two ladder stands, a tripod stand, a climber, & two blinds.
I hunt the stands when other hunters are in the woods but when I hunt by myself I'll use the blinds or the climber to get in the right place.
I never seem to have a stand in the right place so the more I have the better my chances.
The one I like the most is my two person ladder stand, it is like having your home couch 17+ feet up a tree.
Here is a link to it.
http://bigdogtreestands.com/products-page/ladder-stands/bdl-1050-17-5-stadium-series-xl/
Those climbers sure are nice to get in the right place at the right time,that's quite of a two person ladder stand....Nice.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #10

Quote:

It's always nice to have options,I also enjoy doing some still hunting in the rifle season.

Those climbers sure are nice to get in the right place at the right time,that's quite of a two person ladder stand....Nice.
Most of my deer have been killed still hunting on rainy/eindy days. Iv even killed a few w it snowing using this method