Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Show your Deer Stand/Blind (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/show-your-deer-stand-blind-76341/)

MOshooter 11-14-2012 01:42 AM

Show your Deer Stand/Blind
 
Since we're in the middle of this years deer season show your stand or blind that you use and spend quite a bit of time in,I always enjoy seeing other hunters set ups for stand or blind hunting.

Hunting here in Missouri we use both stands and blinds,but for me I prefer the stand for a better view and concealment

Here's one of our Tower or Tripod stands that we built years ago

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...2/IMG_1068.jpg

Marlinman 11-14-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOshooter
Since we're in the middle of this years deer season show your stand or blind that you use and spend quite a bit of time in,I always enjoy seeing other hunters set ups for stand or blind hunting.

Hunting here in Missouri we use both stands and blinds,but for me I prefer the stand for a better view and concealment

Here's one of our Tower or Tripod stands that we built years ago

That's a nice stand.....until your neighbors cow decides its criss braces are good for rubbing against-while your in it!!. I wish id seen this before I left my grandmas cuz my stand-bout 4 miles north of lebanon mo by river-will blow most folks minds

MOshooter 11-14-2012 03:26 AM

Thanks Marlinman
How's was your opening weekend?? Ours here in central mo. was windy and warm,we didn't see any deer where we would normally see at least 5 or more,sometimes a dozen or more a day? If you get back to lebanon Id sure like to see your stand,I always enjoy seeing other hunters ideas.

So far the cattle haven't bothered them(knock on wood) we've been hunting with the tripods in pastures,timbers,and cropfields 20 years without any problems from the cattle.

We also built some concealment blinds that wrap around the hunter that's made with 1" pvc pipe for the frame and camo material for the cover.The concealment blinds can be mounted on the top of the tripod for concealment,or can also be used for a ground blinds with a 5 gallon bucket for a seat.
I'll try and get a pic. of the concealment blind,it's four sided and tapers like a pyramid with both ends open

Good Luck Deer Hunting

Marlinman 11-14-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOshooter
Thanks Marlinman
How's was your opening weekend?? Ours here in central mo. was windy and warm,we didn't see any deer where we would normally see at least 5 or more,sometimes a dozen or more a day? If you get back to lebanon Id sure like to see your stand,I always enjoy seeing other hunters ideas.

So far the cattle haven't bothered them(knock on wood) we've been hunting with the tripods in pastures,timbers,and cropfields 20 years without any problems from the cattle.

We also built some concealment blinds that wrap around the hunter that's made with 1" pvc pipe for the frame and camo material for the cover.The concealment blinds can be mounted on the top of the tripod for concealment,or can also be used for a ground blinds with a 5 gallon bucket for a seat.
I'll try and get a pic. of the concealment blind,it's four sided and tapers like a pyramid with both ends open

Good Luck Deer Hunting

Look at 2012 hunting season kills for my results. Ya it was warm and windy sat and sun. We made up for it Monday though;)

buckhuntr 11-17-2012 04:32 PM

My deer stand this year is my upstairs front porch. :D Tis a joy to live surrounded by woods...

MOshooter 11-19-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckhuntr (Post 1017781)
My deer stand this year is my upstairs front porch. :D Tis a joy to live surrounded by woods...

Front porch? Must be nice hunting so close to home :) lol

limbkiller 11-22-2012 06:21 PM

I have 18 hang-ons and 4 climbers so I have lots of stands. Plus I hunt from the ground still-hunting a lot during rifle season.

7.62 Man 11-25-2012 04:46 PM

I have two ladder stands, a tripod stand, a climber, & two blinds.
I hunt the stands when other hunters are in the woods but when I hunt by myself I'll use the blinds or the climber to get in the right place.
I never seem to have a stand in the right place so the more I have the better my chances.
The one I like the most is my two person ladder stand, it is like having your home couch 17+ feet up a tree.
Here is a link to it.
http://bigdogtreestands.com/products-page/ladder-stands/bdl-1050-17-5-stadium-series-xl/

MOshooter 11-26-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limbkiller (Post 1023714)
I have 18 hang-ons and 4 climbers so I have lots of stands. Plus I hunt from the ground still-hunting a lot during rifle season.

It's always nice to have options,I also enjoy doing some still hunting in the rifle season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7.62 Man (Post 1026539)
I have two ladder stands, a tripod stand, a climber, & two blinds.
I hunt the stands when other hunters are in the woods but when I hunt by myself I'll use the blinds or the climber to get in the right place.
I never seem to have a stand in the right place so the more I have the better my chances.
The one I like the most is my two person ladder stand, it is like having your home couch 17+ feet up a tree.
Here is a link to it.
http://bigdogtreestands.com/products-page/ladder-stands/bdl-1050-17-5-stadium-series-xl/

Those climbers sure are nice to get in the right place at the right time,that's quite of a two person ladder stand....Nice.

Marlinman 11-26-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOshooter

It's always nice to have options,I also enjoy doing some still hunting in the rifle season.

Those climbers sure are nice to get in the right place at the right time,that's quite of a two person ladder stand....Nice.

Most of my deer have been killed still hunting on rainy/eindy days. Iv even killed a few w it snowing using this method


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.