short range sniper.... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > short range sniper....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hi ,I was hunting an area that I was very familiar with , it was on the flat top of a hill about 100 yards wide by 300 long with heavey scrub and bush down all sides .. I had been to the far end and on the way back when I saw a big hind walking across the flat at the far end , it entered the scub where I knew there was the remians of a fence on three sides so I figured she could not come out without me seeing her but being younng and not all that smart decided that I would go in after her .. Now I have to say the scub was very thick so I could only see about 3 feet ahead so progress was very slow ,eventually I could see her and she was looking at me at arms length ,man she was big ,I reached out and grabed her ear with one hand and got my knife in the other ..what followed was like some sort of cage fight until I finally got the job done . we had knocked down a big area of scub I was scratched and cut my clothes were in tatters , there was a cut made by her hoof on the inside of one leg from the knee to very near the family jewels continuing down the other leg for about tree inches ..Made a resolution to leave that sort of idiot behaviour to others sure got educated quickly ...

Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM   #22

Liked 734 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinnz View Post
Hi ,I was hunting an area that I was very familiar with , it was on the flat top of a hill about 100 yards wide by 300 long with heavey scrub and bush down all sides .. I had been to the far end and on the way back when I saw a big hind walking across the flat at the far end , it entered the scub where I knew there was the remians of a fence on three sides so I figured she could not come out without me seeing her but being younng and not all that smart decided that I would go in after her .. Now I have to say the scub was very thick so I could only see about 3 feet ahead so progress was very slow ,eventually I could see her and she was looking at me at arms length ,man she was big ,I reached out and grabed her ear with one hand and got my knife in the other ..what followed was like some sort of cage fight until I finally got the job done . we had knocked down a big area of scub I was scratched and cut my clothes were in tatters , there was a cut made by her hoof on the inside of one leg from the knee to very near the family jewels continuing down the other leg for about tree inches ..Made a resolution to leave that sort of idiot behaviour to others sure got educated quickly ...
Yep, Crocodile Dundie was an Aussie, not a Kiwi! What were you thinking? Your in the wrong country to be doing stupid stuff!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #23

Iknow Iknow , I was 19 and bullet proof ,when I discovered the near miss on me , I figured from that moment that you get no medals for being stupid and that was one stupid act ,but I had grappled with pigs before but there was always a dog handy to keep them occupied when tackling them ...