Savage Wild

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Savage Wild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Savage Wild

Just caught this show for the 1st time. Crazy man hunting wild hogs with spears he made himself.

Savage Wild on Outdoor Channel

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Heck that sounds like a LOT of fun & excitement to me! If I wasn't disabled I'd be tempted to try it. At least with a spear you have a way to keep the boar off you until it decides it's dead.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
At least with a spear you have a way to keep the boar off you until it decides it's dead.
That was his plan, but watch the clip (they don't show the whole thing), but he failed at keeping the boar off of himself with the spear!

They really go for the femoral artery.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-05-2011, 04:46 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A spear would make a good walking stick and a good hunting tool too, Might start carrying one with me when I go camping.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1973 Times on 1068 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
A spear would make a good walking stick and a good hunting tool too, Might start carrying one with me when I go camping.
Authorities might frown on it and other hikers might report you. Make a detachable head to go on your stick. Keep it in a sheath.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default spears and boars

i think it is cool as it gets ....some people are using spears on bears too . ol stalking bear is still agile and big enough to kill a bear with his hands if he had a mind to .Check out'' killin and grillin ''on the pursuit channel ,they are local east texans and friends of mine that ''get er done'' in the field and on the fire .

Old 06-30-2011, 08:20 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

At lest a MAN CAN TEST himself that way to see if he has what it take to KILL A MEAN HOG.