Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Roe Hunt

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,700
Liked 3791 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 3176

Default Roe Hunt

I harvested a Roe Doe (yes I am a poet and I didn't even know it) today. The one on the furthest right is the one I shot. Notice the German badger. Also the seat I sat in. The Doe weight 14 kilos and was shot about 70 meters from the seat. It went a few steps then fell down a revine. It was a bitch getting it up the steep hill. More meat for the winter time. I cooked the liver, heart and kidneys for lunch with onions and peppers. A side of rice and salad. Good times.











__________________
Jagermeister is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TruggieTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 1,158
Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
I harvested a Roe Doe (yes I am a poet and I didn't even know it) today. The one on the furthest right is the one I shot. Notice the German badger. Also the seat I sat in. The Doe weight 14 kilos and was shot about 70 meters from the seat. It went a few steps then fell down a revine. It was a bitch getting it up the steep hill. More meat for the winter time. I cooked the liver, heart and kidneys for lunch with onions and peppers. A side of rice and salad. Good times.
Very nice! Congrats!!
Badger looks menacing even on the hook.


__________________

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

TruggieTex is offline  
Jagermeister Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,626
Liked 3584 Times on 2232 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Default

Congratulations. I would love to be a hunter and provide for my family in that regard. I might do it sometime in the future.

__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
Jagermeister Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jagermeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,700
Liked 3791 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 3176

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Congratulations. I would love to be a hunter and provide for my family in that regard. I might do it sometime in the future.
Healthier way of living. You will be suprised how natural meat tastes like.
__________________
Jagermeister is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,626
Liked 3584 Times on 2232 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Healthier way of living. You will be suprised how natural meat tastes like.
Yeah. I strive to be as self-reliant as possible. Right now, hunting just isn't an option. I'm thinking probably when I am living where I want to permanently, after the Corps.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
Jagermeister Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,907
Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Yeah. I strive to be as self-reliant as possible. Right now, hunting just isn't an option. I'm thinking probably when I am living where I want to permanently, after the Corps.
Plan to spend some good money on it on the front end, and a lot of time. But it's worth it when you sit down and literally eat the rewards.


__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hog hunt ShagNasty1001 Hunting Forum 7 08-05-2012 11:36 PM
After the Hunt W. C. Quantrill Hunting Forum 18 07-11-2012 03:51 PM
Anyone bow hunt? krisko09 The Club House 11 04-21-2012 07:03 AM
Gun Hunt? iheartguns Hunting Forum 8 08-02-2007 12:18 AM