rifle give away - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > rifle give away

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Huge respect to you Mulie, that is a priceless opportunity you are giving a child that would otherwise never have a chance. Thats a rare and for most a once in a liftime hunt.

Sorry for the loss of your daughter, I can't emagine what you and the misses have gone through. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
How about contacting "Make A Wish Foundation" or some other type of organization and offer your hunting trip to some child who may be battling a severe or terminal illness who would like this opportunity to hunt.
I did they have not responded as of today. Im gonna call back to check on friday

Old 06-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 295 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Excellent Idea ! I seem to recall a kid who wanted to hunt brown bear for the make a wish or similar foundation and the anti-hunter factions went nuts.

Can a person w disabilities endure the rigors of a hunt or have the marksmanship to harvest the animal humanely ?

Just something to think about - raffle off the rifle and hunt to raise big bucks for people w disabilities. Your $$$ could make a difference to any hospital or set up a scholarship in his daughters name or trust so that someone benefits each and every year. (The prize could be awarded on the anniversary of her passing and help ease the pain of day - every year !)

This is just me - us old souls get tired often and need to set a spell. a bench in your daughters name, in her favorite park, walking path etc., would be a blessing to all who use it. A small sign w her name, favorite phrase, poem etc is also nice. Something in the shade.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #24

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmboyz
Huge respect to you Mulie, that is a priceless opportunity you are giving a child that would otherwise never have a chance. Thats a rare and for most a once in a liftime hunt.

Sorry for the loss of your daughter, I can't emagine what you and the misses have gone through. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Ya its a good opportunity and she would love to see a kid go who would otherwise never get the chance at that awesome experience. As to Mike's misse-screw what she thinks or feels. Any woman that can do what she did isn't worth the time yote takes to have concern for her. I'm sorry if that hurt Mike but its how I feel on it.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Excellent Idea ! I seem to recall a kid who wanted to hunt brown bear for the make a wish or similar foundation and the anti-hunter factions went nuts.

Can a person w disabilities endure the rigors of a hunt or have the marksmanship to harvest the animal humanely ?

Just something to think about - raffle off the rifle and hunt to raise big bucks for people w disabilities. Your $$$ could make a difference to any hospital or set up a scholarship in his daughters name or trust so that someone benefits each and every year. (The prize could be awarded on the anniversary of her passing and help ease the pain of day - every year !)

This is just me - us old souls get tired often and need to set a spell. a bench in your daughters name, in her favorite park, walking path etc., would be a blessing to all who use it. A small sign w her name, favorite phrase, poem etc is also nice. Something in the shade.
I wasnt askin for ideas, im taking a handicap youth on a trophy elk hunt an her rifle will be passed to that youth for a lifetime of memories, as far as ability well u bet yer ass ill be there every step, every inch, every second to make sure he or she will be able to live out a dream. If i have to push a wheelchair to hell an back i will period. If i have to pay for a custom chair i will. Thanks for the idea but not what im wanting, as far as anti hunters being upset over this, tuff ****
Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 295 Times on 227 Posts
Likes Given: 132

Mea culpa, I was just trying to help by offering alternatives. As for hunting w people w disabilities - anything can be done w enough time. A Patriot took some disabled Vets hunting w/o issue. There are even some tree stands that resemble club houses due to a certain President.

Have a great hunt.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Mea culpa, I was just trying to help by offering alternatives. As for hunting w people w disabilities - anything can be done w enough time. A Patriot took some disabled Vets hunting w/o issue. There are even some tree stands that resemble club houses due to a certain President.

Have a great hunt.
Now i said thanks for the ideas but thats not what i wanted. Im firm on this as it is.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just wanted to say sorry about your loss and this is very kind of you.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx
Just wanted to say sorry about your loss and this is very kind of you.
Thank ya pard it was hell, but this is the light at the end of the tunnel

Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 AM   #30

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Excellent idea guys...Mulie my condolences on your loss and my utmost respect for turning a personal sadness into a trip of a lifetime for a deserving child...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington