Remington or Browning? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Remington or Browning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Why does everyone pick on Remingtons Extractor?
I pick on it only when there is a chance you will read my posts.

The old Remington spring steel extractor will work, but it's light years behind the times, especially when Remington themselves have dumped the idea altogether with their new platform.

Given the available options out there, it's not that it will go bad at an inopertune moment, it's the fact that it can go bad.

As for the question of how many times I have seen it fail? I have seen the aftermath on more than a few rifles over about 3 years where people are home loading high pressure cartridges. The last 2, for sure, were the result of the SSM cartridges going a bit overboard....

Then again, I work part time in a shop where stuff gets brought when it doesn't work right, or work at all, so the Laws of Probability are much higher for me than average.

JD

Old 10-22-2008, 10:51 PM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BIG D
The Browning, I feel, is a better looking rifle - but that doesn't mean it's going to shoot any better.
You know Browning doesn't make a bad looking gun in the lot. Remingtons are kind of plain. But brownings are just always good looking. Esp Shotguns I have yet to figure out how you can have a bottom load bottom eject shotgun. But it gives you a lot of realestate to make look perty on the sides.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In my experience, both Remington and Browning make very quality products. In looks, I'd also give Browning the edge. They make some fine looking firearms.

I don't know which company produced them first, but Ithaca also produces a bottom feed/ bottom eject shotgun. I know Ithaca was making them even before WW2. And yes, it does provide lots of available real estate for fancy'n up an already good looking shotgun.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #14

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

If Remingtons piss poor extractor works on a 300 UM or a 338 Edge then how can it not work on other less powerfull cartridges?

I am not talking about the dumbazz that decided that he would only go 5 gr or the max load. That is not the extractors fault that it got bought by someone that should not be allowed to breath let alone reproduce or own anything other than a padded helmet. I am talking about a firearm in working order shooting a factory loaded round with in SAAMI specs. Any extractor can fail it is man made and if one thing holds true is that man is imperfect there for he makes imperfect machines.